Author Topic: vigilon very tech question  (Read 3403 times)

Offline andrewdlf

vigilon very tech question
« on: February 07, 2008, 12:06:50 AM »
this gets a bit technical.....

first of all i have a network of panels and the building consists of many smoke zones, each smoke zone is in its own sector and that sector is assigned to its own master sector. all the detectors are assigned to one network group.on one of the panels i have loads of the new 4 channel interfaces and each channel is in its own sector. each smoke zone is assigned to its own master sector and hits its specific channel on the four channel. but they want it to operate on a second knock from anywhere in the building so we have put a 24 volt relay in for each channel on the interfaces and wired all relays through one channel which gets actioned on second knock. it is wired normally closed in parallel so that both the interface channel and the relay have to get actioned for the equipment to start in the first zone that goes into fire.the problem i am having is the second knock will also action another channel on the interfaces and therefor you will have more than one bit of equipment running and they only want one bit of equipment running in the area of the first fire. i thought of disabling all channels with a first fire on the group but i dont know if it will stop my fire getting to the channel first and if it works will it work every time? i also thought of disabling all channels with a second fire but then i dont know if it will disable it before the second fire hits the channel and starts both equipment. tough one.any ideas on how i could disable the other channels after a first knock bearing in mind i have over a hundred smoke zones.

Chris Houston

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:40:25 AM »
Andrew, I've deleted your identical post in the RRO section, please don't post multiple idential threads, it leads to confusion.  Please note the proper purpose of the RRO Q&A section, it is not for fire alarm technical questions, this is the correct forum for your enquiry.  Thanks.

Offline Ark Angel

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 07:37:27 PM »
Andrew,

Have you tried using command builds actioning digital outputs on the interface????

This may be your answer....
The World Favours the Brave

Offline andrewdlf

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 08:39:55 PM »
thought of using command build to disable the other channels but there is no gaurantee that it wont disable the first channel before it goes into fire, and if i take the long route and use builds to get triggered by master sector and disable all other outputs bar the first one that went into fire then if i get a quick double knock in seperate zones it would take priority over the builds tasks and both will start equipment.

Offline Ark Angel

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 10:28:54 PM »
Sorry Andrew,

What I meant was use the build to trgger an indivdual channel from a 2nd knock in the building.
The World Favours the Brave