THE REGULATORY REFORM (FIRE SAFETY) ORDER 2005 > Q & A

Doors Taken off

(1/2) > >>

Collegeboy:
Here`s a query, small business that just stores double glazing / conservatories, (no manufacture) 2 employees downstairs, 5 upstairs, 1 out back, New owners have had a refurb, all open plan, doors have come off and are not being put back on where they were (yellow circles) battery smoke detectors in each room,  says he`s checked regs and doors not required, would that be acceptable based on plan attached ? 

AnthonyB:
Presumably they've looked in the guide and seen this and assume the TD is OK

Collegeboy:
Thanks Anthony ;)
I did post on the safelincs forum too but that seems really slow, if working at all  ??? Firenet seems to be the better option  ;D

Revol:
This work would have needed building regulation approval - so has it been 'signed off' and if so what was the basis on the BCO's acceptance?

AnthonyB:

--- Quote from: Collegeboy on October 11, 2021, 01:15:26 AM ---Thanks Anthony ;)
I did post on the safelincs forum too but that seems really slow, if working at all  ??? Firenet seems to be the better option  ;D

--- End quote ---

There are only about three regular volunteer helpers on there who deal with queries and I don't answer every one myself - the forum does lag from time to time as well before posts appear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version