Author Topic: Airport Firefighting  (Read 5739 times)

Offline firefightercw1

Airport Firefighting
« on: August 09, 2007, 07:41:57 PM »
Im leaving the RAF as a Firefighter after doing the job for 4 years. looking to join the DFS, but also looking into Airport Firefighting jobs, has anyone got any idea how to get one of these jobs or any info about them?? I've done Crash firefighting for last 4 years, due to leave RAF in next couple of months? any idea's?

Offline Fireguy1230

Airport Firefighting
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:04:48 AM »
If you log on to BAA.com you can register your details and whenever a BAA airport is recruiting firefighters they will e-mail you and invite you to apply.

Dunno about non BAA tho.

Offline BB

Airport Firefighting
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 02:18:12 PM »
Hi try
the CFOA site they advertise vacances nationally try the link below. It may assist you.
best of luck.

http://www.cfoa.org.uk/cfoa_public/default.asp?id=241
Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you'll be surprised at how little you have :)

Offline firefightercw1

Airport Firefighting
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 05:59:27 PM »
cheers guys, big help

Offline BB

Airport Firefighting
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 09:06:41 PM »
Hi have a look at the general interest section there is a Q & A about the DFS it's titled
"Defence Fire Service-Whats it all about"?

regards BB
Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you'll be surprised at how little you have :)

Offline kenneth wheeler

Airport Firefighting
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 10:16:56 AM »
Hello, fellow crash rescue from across the pond! found this site while sitting at the dispatch desk at the ambulance company I work for. I spent 10 years as an ANG fire protection/rescueman and working full time at Yeager Airport in Chas. WV USA. Just thought I woud drop a line  keep safe!
Go Rescue!!