Author Topic: applying to more than one fire brigade  (Read 3169 times)

Offline nikki7128

applying to more than one fire brigade
« on: August 12, 2008, 08:22:26 PM »
hiy, does anyone know whether applying to more than one brigade at any one time is researched by the brigade you are applying to. i wish to apply to more than one brigade but don't want this to affect my chances as i have read on the rbfrs website... "qualifying criteria, you must not have taken the national firefighter selection process within the previos 3 months, and you must not have an application pending with another service"  does anyone know how they justify this and if it is enforced? thanks

Offline Nearlybaldandgrey

applying to more than one fire brigade
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 08:24:13 AM »
Hi Nikki,

The reason for the statement is that if you ae unsuccessful with an application, it is considered that three months is the time it will take to address any development needs that are identified to you during the feedback stage.

It's justified as the criteria forms part of the National Recruitment process, to which most Fire & Rescue Services are now following, although there are some which have not implemented it yet.
Also, the costs involved and the time and staffing allocation for the recruitment process can be draining on resources, so people who fail to turn up for tests waste that time.

Obviously, if you have multiple applications, you can end up with a clash of dates for parts of the process.

You shoul declare if you have other applications ..... bear in mind that when you sign the application form, you are signing to say that all the information is true.