Author Topic: Customized RIT, Fast or Equipment Bags for your Fire Brigade  (Read 11969 times)

Offline fdfd

Customized RIT, Fast or Equipment Bags for your Fire Brigade
« on: September 17, 2004, 06:58:18 PM »
If you do or plan to do RIT (Rapid Intervention Team) or FAST (Firefighter Assistance Team) work then you need these bags to hold your equipment.

PROTECT THE EQUIPMENT THAT PROTECTS YOU, YOUR TEAM, AND YOUR COMMUNITY!

Chris Houston

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 08:28:25 PM »
If you wish to advertise your products, I suggest you contact the site owner.  This forum does not exist to provide free advertisements.

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2004, 01:54:50 AM »
I agree Christopher, but hope that the company in question buys their product liability insurance from Zurich anyway.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 08:20:35 AM »
Chris, you better have a word with Anthony then, he promotes Jalite and Means of Escape all the time. We all know they are basically the same company. He must be distributor of the year!

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 10:57:42 AM »
Chris, are you the site owner? How do you differentiate between advertising a product from recommending solution to a problem in this Forum? Why do you against good people who are trying to enhance safety in saving lives, not necessary selling a product or service? i've been reading your critics against such good cause.......... .

Offline fireftrm

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 03:29:36 PM »
I don't kmow how Chris differentiates when there is no direct link either, however the post above is blatant. Even to the point of saying contact us on.....xxxx..

How obvious does Chris need the post to be?

Leave him alone, he is right after all!

PS yes AnthonyB does recommend products he probably sells, he should not.
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline AnthonyB

• Firenet Extinguisher Expert
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.firewizard.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 03:44:48 PM »
I do not sell Jalite products or receive commission. Most signage schemes we specifiy are not photoluminescent as a good standard of emergency lighting for escape purposes that will remove the need for photolum signs is more important to us.

If you actually read the documents I refer to then you would see why I advise them.

Personally I would prefer if the signage guidance booklet didn't have the sales catalogue on the back, but you are not obliged to buy from them and as no-one else provides clear low cost guidance with lots of good diagrams then I will continue to issue them on inspections where a guidance document is required rather than breach copyright and bore them to death by illicitly copying BS5499
Anthony Buck
Owner & Fire Safety Consultant at Fire Wizard

Extinguisher/Fire History Enthusiast

Fire Extinguisher Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=65...415&ref=ts
http://www.youtube.com/user/contactacb
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/anthony-buck-36

Chris Houston

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 04:48:39 PM »
Firstly, I'm a moderator on this site, but not on this forum.  I'm only expressing my personal opinion as a user of this board.

I think we all know when someone is recommending a good solution and when someone is taking advantage of this site.  The site will be less able to attract sponsorship and remain viable if we accept people posting free adverts such as the one above.  However to put it in context, it was probably posted in good faith, which is why I decided to comment on it, not request for others to remove it.

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 02:31:07 AM »
Its my personal opinions that technology advances with many new products and solutions are now in the world market. However, not many people, even us in the firesafety industry, may be aware of it. If any of us who may come to know such product or service for a possible solution to a problem, i think its OK that they share it in this forum or website but you are not obliged to buy from them. Just sharing knowledge!

Offline Simon Morriss

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2004, 09:20:39 AM »
How about having a new section on the board for such inovation and personal promotion of good equipment.  May be even make is a different section of the web site.  

I hate reinventing the wheel and looking for solutions so lets use technology to help everyone.

Simon

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2004, 10:29:46 AM »
What is the purpose of this BULLETIN? Most of the postings in this Forum are related to problems, sharing of knowledge, solutions, exchanging ideas, references, etc.

I agree to BikerBoy:
"I hate reinventing the wheel and looking for solutions so lets use technology to help everyone."

I personally feel that its nothing wrong for such inovation and personal promotion of good equipment for ideas and solutions to problems in this forum. And one should not accuse of one promoting a certain product, such as, sprinklers, detectors, mcps, safety signs, lifts, chair, shute.........

john

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2004, 02:57:04 PM »
I dont mind a little attempt at flogging gear but wht he is selling is bags for fire fighting stuff. He should be pushing them on the operational pages.

As a fire safety wallah all I need is a briefcase for my sarnies.

Offline FireNet

• Administrator
    • FireNet
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 03:42:06 PM »
I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread.

A lot of the comments I can relate to:
Share the information
Why reinvent the wheel
recommending solution to a problem

I would say that 95% of the contents of this server contain web sites  that have been provided for free to assist users to promote their Association, Society and other Not for profit companies so that their knowledge can be shared freely.

The company in question has just posted this advert in a new thread and I suspect that they have probably done the same to a number of other Forums on the net where they can sell their products. You could liken this to fly posting.  They have not come back to answer any of the resulting threads and I doubt if they will and after looking at their site there is not even a mention of the FireNet site.

The reason behind the FireNet site is to promote all areas of Fire related material, but NOT at any cost. I ALONE have to pay for the server and phone lines As some of you may know I am the Owner, Administrator, Financer, and everything else that goes with running  2Gb of data with over 20,000 links and 11000  + news articles.
It has taken the FireNet server 10 years of hard graft to reach 1,000,000 hits per month and a little consideration and cooperation is all that is asked for.

If your aim is to make money for you or your company by using the FireNet server, please ask me first so that we can get the ground rules set.

In closing I would like to thank you all for your support

Colin Simpson
Owner

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2004, 08:59:02 PM »
I would love to buy a kit bag.  Does anyone know where 'fdfd' shop is?

Chris Houston

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2004, 09:20:53 PM »
I am sure lots of companies sell kit bags, try asking the people you work with or searching on the internet.  If you passionatly feel that only one's from fdfd will do, you could sign up for FireNet and let him private message you his address.  ;)