Author Topic: Assessing the Fire Risk Assessment  (Read 4073 times)

Assessing the Fire Risk Assessment
« on: September 30, 2004, 08:01:06 PM »
Can anyone assist me in finding what training is available for those that need to validate risk assessments please.

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 03:05:13 AM »
If you mean, as an inspecting officer, we run what I believe is still the only IFE approved fire risk assessment course in the UK. It is an examinable course, and those who pass the course exam have a ''fast track'' route to registration by the IFE on their new register of fire risk assessors and auditors. By auditors, the IFE mean inspecting officers who, in effect, audit the employer's fire risk assessment. We developed the course for the Northern Ireland Fire Safety Panel, which is a non-profit making body that represents enforcing authorities ( fire service, building control and licensing) in NI. It is great demand by fire authorities throughout the UK, who want IO's to receive training in fire risk assessment to assist them in benchmarking the FRAs they see from employers agaisnt some sort of standard. We set up 10 courses of 3.5 days duration for fire brigades between the beginning of September and mid December. By the time we are finished that lot, we will have run the course 26 times and will have delivered it to representatives of approx 25% of fire brigades in the UK. Some brigades will find room for non-fire brigade personnel or officers of other brigades. If this is of interest, feel free to contact me and we can investigate the possibilty of  attendance at a course held for a brigade. ( Any costs would be payable to the brigade, not to us, as we charge a fixed fee to the brigade.)
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 10:14:51 AM »
I think the University of Central Lancashire is trying to put together such a course/seminar which would cover what you are asking and also I think they would link it in someway to the academic CPD for an individual.  The Department of the Built Environment at UCLAN deals with all fire engineering and the contact is Paul Metcalf, David Evans or Andrew Platten - give them a ring I am sure they will be able to help you.