Author Topic: Recruitment of fire consultant  (Read 21904 times)

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
Recruitment of fire consultant
« on: November 09, 2004, 04:07:24 PM »
Messages on this BB for recruitment have never been successful in the past, but I am always one to persevere!!! We are looking to recruit an additional consultant. Much of the work will involve carrying out fire risk assessments. Typically, we would look for an ex fire officer with a good number of years continuous experience in fire safety, preferably some of which would have been at ADO level. However, as always we are open minded and are open to offers from others. If anyone is interested or would care to draw this to the attention of someone who might be, I would be quite grateful.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

messy

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 12:00:47 PM »
An ex Fire Officer from any Brigade???!!!

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004, 11:36:33 AM »
Hes not looking for any kind of ability. Ex fire officers are already on a good pension so they come cheap.

Offline colin todd

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004, 12:38:08 PM »
No, one brigade is totally excluded Messey. And as for ability, el Bryo the ex fire officers we employ are on salaries commensurate with similar professionals in other professions, are significantly better paid than civilian inspecting officers in some brigades, and would be capable of writing guidance to support legislation that would be much better than we are likely to see by any written by certain organizations not a million miles from where you typed the impertinent message.

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2004, 01:46:37 PM »
sorry mate, just couldn't stop myself

Offline dave bev

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2004, 04:06:23 PM »
colin, come the revolution (and the attempt by brigades to disregard and disenfranchise their staff) you may get lots of applications!

dave bev

Chris Houston

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 02:22:15 AM »
'much you paying then? :!:

Offline colin todd

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 07:03:57 PM »
Sorry Christopher, as well as banning people from a certain brigade, we do not take people who have worked for a certain fire aalrm company, who remain on our blacklist for all jobs. Told you before, we Scots have a long memory. Brian, so long as you were joking you are forgiven. We might even be prepared to take you one day if we could put you in a room and bombard you with white noise to eradicate all civil service thinking. (yes yes I know you arent a proper civil servant, but you are tainted by association.)

Chris Houston

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 11:31:48 PM »
I wasn't applying.  Only being nosey.  

PS I am also Scottish.

Offline colin todd

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2004, 02:59:58 AM »
I know christopher thats why i can forgive your sojourn into the world of fire alarm company. Davey, we do a lot of fire risk assessment training for brigades these days.

messy

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 12:23:04 PM »
Maybe there should be a special 'Scots who have stolen English jobs', or perhaps even a, 'Scots who have stolen English jobs and then won't give the English any work' section on this forum to accomodate this ever growing group.

Chris Houston

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2004, 01:52:50 PM »
Maybe there should be a special 'Scots who have stolen English jobs', or perhaps even a, 'Scots who have stolen English jobs and then won't give the English any work' section on this forum to accomodate this ever growing group.

"Stolen"?  How does one "steal" a job?

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 08:51:49 AM »
Quite so. If it wasnt for all the Scots boosting the English economy we would never have been able to pay for their new parliament building.

Chris Houston

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 12:00:53 PM »
Well, in a way you are right.  Indeed if the UK did not benefit so significantly from the revenues from North Sea oil reserves, then many other things would also have been more difficult to fund.  This obvioulsy includes the Scottish Parliament and the costs of building and running the London based parliament too.

Offline Dave W

• http://www.davewilsonuk.com/
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 08:15:22 PM »
Chris Houston

Pity you are not the moderator on this Forum what!. you would not stand for all these rebellious postings, out with your typex and delete the lot that would be your style.

The above represents my personal opinions only.