Author Topic: Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue  (Read 34748 times)

Offline Northern200

Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue
« on: February 14, 2007, 04:16:19 PM »
Hi, Just wondering if theres any new recurits from tyne and wear on this forum?

Also any who have just finished their interviews?

Thanx

Offline fireftrm

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 12:59:07 PM »
try www.fireservice.co.uk forum, full of them
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 01:38:08 PM »
hi i have interview and still awaiting outcome should know in a couple of weeks....

Offline theheat

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 10:45:22 PM »
am like conor, just waiting for the outcome of my interview, how did anyone find it? quite daunting isnt it!

Offline Aesgarth

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 08:14:52 AM »
i have my interview thisafternoon. have to say i'm not really looking forward to it.

Offline Aesgarth

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 03:37:14 PM »
I didn't enjoy that very much. add me to the list of people waiting to hear.

Offline theheat

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 04:18:16 PM »
just think to yourself its done! an its a massive achievement to get to the interview! fingers crossed for everyone waiting

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 11:09:01 PM »
i know lads, its like everything else to get this far is an achievment in itself, i know the pqa's are quite daunting, but sometimes you think you have done better than you think, just think about the first night we all sat down and wrote out our application forms...........keep in touch lads and good luck, i probably like the rest of you will be on this site every day looking to see or hear if anyone has been informed...i think the interviews finish on friday so hopefully we will know next week...............good luck lads

Offline rips

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 08:07:30 AM »
""i think the interviews finish on friday so hopefully we will know next week""

conorhaughian,
Your information is incorrect there are more interviews after the Bank Holiday.

This is what I have said before do not listen to rumours / gossip from anyone on stations / in departments etc etc. I am sure you have realised by now the Fire Service is brilliant for rumours!

The only place to get the genuine news from is the Web Site or the recruitment hotline. Things change on a daily basis so just wait and see and I hope the news is good when it arrives.
Any views I express are my own and not my employers. Still confused!

Offline Aesgarth

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 08:42:32 PM »
at my interview (on monday) they said they hoped to start sending letters out at the beginning of june

Offline theheat

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »
the website does say that the interviews finish tomorrow and that candidates will be notified by the 30th may! if this isnt the case then they need to update the website because im pulling my hair out waiting!

Offline rips

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 06:26:34 AM »
the heat

I hear what you are saying and understand the frustration of waiting, but have you considered how much work is involved in interviewing the amount of numbers that are involved in the interview stage.

Following the process through TWFRS / North East Group have kept everyone pretty much up to date. There has not been much slippage along the way, and if there is a couple of extra days wait at the end of the interview stage it is not the end of the world.

Although not involved in the process and following how things have been going on here and fireservice.co.uk they seem to have done a damn good job of getting through the hundreds (and possibly thousands) of people that applied.

I am sure they will keep you informed of progress as soon as practicable.
Any views I express are my own and not my employers. Still confused!

Offline Aesgarth

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 07:52:01 AM »
Quote from: rips
the heat

I hear what you are saying and understand the frustration of waiting, but have you considered how much work is involved in interviewing the amount of numbers that are involved in the interview stage.

Following the process through TWFRS / North East Group have kept everyone pretty much up to date. There has not been much slippage along the way, and if there is a couple of extra days wait at the end of the interview stage it is not the end of the world.

Although not involved in the process and following how things have been going on here and fireservice.co.uk they seem to have done a damn good job of getting through the hundreds (and possibly thousands) of people that applied.

I am sure they will keep you informed of progress as soon as practicable.
over 6000 people requested an application form, i think somewhere between 2000 and 3000 forms were returned. can't remember the exact number though (they told us at the written tests but it was that long ago i can't remember the numbers mentioned.)

edit: anyway, the point i'm trying to make is you're right, it was a lot of people.

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 11:05:22 AM »
well lads let the countdown begin..............tick tock tick tock......

Offline theheat

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 03:31:56 PM »
dont get me wrong im not complaining at the wait as tyne & wear have dealt with it very efficiently cant fault that!!! you know how it is, just getting even more nervous as each day goes by! it has to be the slowest month of my life!  conor's right, let the countdown begin