Author Topic: Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue  (Read 34727 times)

Offline rips

Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 10:12:42 PM »
Remember all it is a North East Recruitment campaign, not just Tyne & Wear.

Each FRS will try to succesion plan for how many trainees they need over the next 12 to 18 months. Management will have approximate numbers in mind but this can chnage from month to month.

I would not listen to any rumours, just wait and see if you pass the interview and then if you are offered a place on a Trainee Course with whichever FRS offers you a chance.
Any views I express are my own and not my employers. Still confused!

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 11:44:07 PM »
yeah i heard there was approx 30 places per brigade which equates to around 120 darlington and cleveland etc, etc. it really doesnt matter as long as we all fill our lifelong dream. you guys are lucky you all probably live within close proximity, i have to relocate from ireland and adjust to new surroundings....again lads good luck, if anyone wants to get in touch drop me an email......

Offline toby14483

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 12:08:07 PM »
Friday 13th. Nice.

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 05:33:08 PM »
o god another 2 weeks lads...........i seen that this morning.....keep thinking positive....

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 10:01:25 PM »
well lads anybody heard any word yet.........my nails are down to the bone.........

Offline theheat

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 10:22:01 PM »
no word yet, am the same, attacking the post man every morning!!! at least we get a letter either way so we can expect a letter.  BUT thats not the thinking, stay positive gents

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 07:05:42 PM »
still waiting lads............still no word, hope to hear within the next week lads.....nearly 6 weeks from the physical, did anybody know how many people were interviewed....?

Offline Aesgarth

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 08:22:42 AM »
no idea how many. i meant to ask at the end of the interview but i was that relieved it was over i just got out of there. still waiting too :(

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 10:34:40 PM »
well lads we are still waiting i think.... friday the 13th tomorrow maybe its an omen......... hope someone hears soon, they are probably so busy with the paperwork and stuff....

Offline Aesgarth

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 10:56:24 AM »
well, i didnt get in this time round. good luck to the rest of you :(

Offline sauljas

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 12:36:35 PM »
well friday 13th has come and my postmans also come and gone still with no news either way, im sooo gutted i thought i would def find out today.

Offline Aesgarth

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 01:21:29 PM »
think yourself lucky, i got a letter thismorning :-(

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 03:06:43 PM »
hi lads i got a letter saying im being placed on a waiting list for 18 months!!!!! i think thats good, its better than a dear john!!!!!!!!!

Offline rips

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 04:56:45 PM »
I am not trying to knock all of your hard work and enthusiasm but remember if you have passed you are on a waiting list. That waiting list will contain numerous other people in the same position as yourselves. They interviewed over 400 people so you have done fantastically to get this far.

I do not know how many courses are due to be held by each service over the next year to 18 months, so I cannot help there. Also your choice of FRS is just an indicator for the recruitment team. If you have done really well, and you are within the numbers required you may ( I will say again, may) be offered a place with another FRS.

As others have found out in the past you may well have passed the interview but are not required, so you may be in a position that you have to re-apply next time. Do not get down hearted, if you want the job you will persist. The amount of people that applied was huge and lots of you have got this far, and unfortunately some will miss out even though they have passed all the assessments.

Lets hope you get offered a place, successfully pass the medical and start the hard work of the course!
Any views I express are my own and not my employers. Still confused!

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2008, 05:57:37 PM »
thanks for the info rips........i know i will and i probably speak for most of the lads, we will persist, it is a great acheivement to get this far and who knows, i always say never say never, keep the heads up lads, we will persevere.keep thinking positive