Author Topic: Strathclyde Fire & Rescue  (Read 19615 times)

Offline murray

Strathclyde Fire & Rescue
« on: January 23, 2008, 04:37:37 PM »
Anyone know when Strathclyde will be recruiting?

Offline toidi

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 06:57:01 PM »
quite soon I heard!

Offline AllyMacG

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 07:09:53 PM »
Begining of March I believe

Offline MartinMac

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 12:21:34 AM »

Offline murray

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 05:30:46 PM »
Filled in on-line form 2 weeks ago, still no word. Has anyone got any news?

Offline AllyMacG

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 06:01:25 PM »
Quote from: murray
Filled one in 3 weeks ago still nothing, have been checking the website everyday they still havent put a closing date on it yet.  A few of my mates have also applied with paper forms and online they havent heard anything either.  I did email SFR to ask about written tests etc but they told me they had no dates arranged (2 weeks ago).  Bit of a poor show in my opinion doubt we will hear anything till they put a closing date on it.

I know the recruitment proccess is a long and arduous one especially when SFR usually recieve in excess of 4000 applications but it would be nice to be kept informed.

Offline murray

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 05:14:12 PM »
How did you find the questions?

Offline AllyMacG

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 12:15:12 AM »
I was able to answer them okay but every example i had was from work.  I do think the questions are a wee bit extreme though, I have done a form with these questions before and not got passed the application stage I never got any feedback so I dont know the reasons for that but my answers are a bit different this time.  How did you find them?

Offline murray

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 08:25:29 PM »
OK. But after i submited my form i noticed 1 of the answers was jumbled up, when i asked by e-mail if i could rectify it, i was told once the forms in you can't change it. So will just have to wait and see what happens. But anyway good luck mate.

Offline AllyMacG

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 06:03:49 PM »
Quote from: murray
Submitted an online application on the 10th of march still not heard anything though a friend of a friend who apperently applied around the same time as me has already been for written tests have double checked all my emails and still not heard anything just wondered if anyone else has heard anything?

Offline lbfrsedinburgh

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 05:07:41 PM »
Hi I recently applied for SFR aswell and was told the recruitment campaign would close on may 2nd then you would hear back from them sometime after then I rekon the written test wont be till the end of june sometime. Have any of applied for the SFr before and Have any idea what the new written test is like and how to study for it

Offline AllyMacG

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 12:22:54 AM »
Go to their recruitment website and their is a guide to ability tests on their, just take a read through that.  If you took part in the written tests with lothian and borders last year then they are quite similar to them.

Offline dv7460

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 04:14:30 PM »
Have anyone heard from SFR? I applied in May and have yet to hear. A friend of a friend applied and he received a rejection email over a month ago.

Cheers.

Offline AllyMacG

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 07:05:21 PM »
Quote from: dv7460
Have anyone heard from SFR? I applied in May and have yet to hear. A friend of a friend applied and he received a rejection email over a month ago.

Cheers.
I got a rejection email last month aswell, if you applied after the 2nd of may your application won't be considered until the 2009 intake.  Best of luck mate

Offline dv7460

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 08:55:27 AM »
Sorry to hear that... did they give you any feedback on your application?

I meant to say, I applied in April before the May deadline.

Cheers.