Author Topic: Strathclyde Fire & Rescue  (Read 19616 times)

Offline murray

Strathclyde Fire & Rescue
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 03:26:55 PM »
I've still not heard anything yet, i also applied in April.

Offline AllyMacG

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 06:16:44 PM »
Won't be able to request feedback until 23rd of june, I would advise you to log on to your application page at www.couldyoubeafirefighter.org.  and check your emails from there as the rejection email I recieved did not come from the strathclyde web address.  The reason I say this is because i believed I hadn't been contacted as I had been checking my ISP inbox everyday and never recieved anything there, so check there and if you still havent heard anything you could be in with a shout as I have heard the majority, if not all rejection letters have been sent out.

Offline Rossco

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 08:31:49 AM »
I applied sometime in April - not heard anything as yet. Quite a few people I know all recieved rejection e-mails recently. Can anyone tell me if they recieved the e-mail to their home e-mail address or if it was on the website log in?

Offline AllyMacG

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 06:33:43 PM »
Quote from: Rossco
I applied sometime in April - not heard anything as yet. Quite a few people I know all recieved rejection e-mails recently. Can anyone tell me if they recieved the e-mail to their home e-mail address or if it was on the website log in?
The above post answers your question

Offline Rossco

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 02:11:35 PM »
Yeah cheers for that Ally, I had read your post. All the people I have spoke with recieved them to their home e-mail address's. Was just looking to hear if anyone had heard or recieved anything different.

Does anyone know of anyone who has had word to go for a written test yet?

Offline hl7

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2008, 11:30:30 PM »
written tests were on 18th and 19th June. The physical tests are on 26th and 27th July.

Offline Rossco

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 12:59:38 PM »
Cheers for the information hl7.

Murray & dv7460 any news yet?  I have e-mailed Strathclyde - also left a message on the recruitment hotline this morning.

I have a friend who is yet to hear back also, she called them a couple of weeks back & they told her because of the high volume of applications they had recieved it would take time to get back to them all.

Offline murray

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 11:26:07 AM »
No mate still nothing.

Offline Rossco

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 03:33:03 PM »
Got an e-mail from SFR today saying they still haven't got through all the applications yet as the demand was so high.

Offline murray

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2008, 03:14:14 PM »
Hi Rossco, have you had any word yet? I'm still waiting.

Offline murray

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 05:08:31 PM »
received an e-mail today from SRF saying i will receive a response shortly.

Offline baldman1980

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 10:19:36 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this forum but undertaking the application process with Strathclyde just now. The last medicals for the current intake are at the start of September so i can only imagine theyre going to wait to see how many they put through before they start the process again.  

good luck with your apps

Offline McLeod

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 10:40:28 PM »
Hi everyone I’m new to the convo,

I applied for the first time back in Feb 08. I received a rejection letter about two months ago and was told they would be able to give me feedback 01/07/08, but still waiting.

I was wondering if any of you who got through to the next stage would mind emailing me a copy of your app just to compare and see how far of I was and how long have you been training?

Cheers
Johnny

Offline murray

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2008, 11:01:34 PM »
Received an e-mail today, written test on 21/22 August, anyone else get one?

Offline baldman1980

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 04:12:05 PM »
Thats great news Murray.  http://www.hantsfire.gov.uk/nfst-psychometric-ability-practice-booklet.pdf, if you can answer these questions then you'll be fine. Its pretty easy going, its just remembering to double check your answers and take your time.
Had my interview yesterday they dont give much away, so its just a waiting game now. Its all PQA based so dont neglect them cos you never know with SFR how quick (or slow) their going to take things.

Good luck