Author Topic: Finally got in Wholetime!! So excited  (Read 19368 times)

Offline kurnal

• http://www.peakland-fire-safety.co.uk
Finally got in Wholetime!! So excited
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2008, 08:27:14 PM »
Quote from: johno67
For all the courses I've been on within Brigade, smart casual basically means no shorts, sandals, sleeveless t-shirts etc. Jeans, normal t-shirts, trainers are usually fine.
If in doubt cross dressing should ensure that you get on fine. Nobody will dare criticise you.

Offline johno67

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2008, 09:00:55 PM »
Quote from: kurnal
If in doubt cross dressing should ensure that you get on fine. Nobody will dare criticise you.
Very true, I wouldn't like to be the first to try it though!
Likes to play Devil's Advocate

Offline pugh

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 08:48:51 AM »
Quote from: BB
Well done RP. Be postive and try and ignore some of the old timers out there. It's still a good job and career. Get plently of courses under your belt will always come in useful espically when you come into fire safety??
OMG!  Don't condemn the poor guy just yet, he's worked too long and hard to get this far without that Sword of Damocles hanging over him!

Offline pugh

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 08:50:56 AM »
Just read through all the posts again as an academic exercise.  There appears to be a wide range of individuals responding with correspondingly broad levels of fire service experience and, without exception, me included, all have assumed that RP, who placed the initial post, is a man.  I took the trouble to check RP's profile and it gives no indication of gender.

Can anyone shed any light on why, after all the equality and diversity, and positive discrimination in the fire service over the past few years, that this should be the case?  I can't, other than to say that I'm retired and when I was operational there were very few females in the service in operational roles - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  What's yours?

Offline rp

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2008, 02:39:04 PM »
Ha ha - well luckily for you all Im male.

Althought I see your point pugh - there is actually 4 females on my initital firefighter recruitment course so yes its wrong to assume all new recruits are male.