Author Topic: Gmfrs Telephone Interview  (Read 38634 times)

Offline Gaz 5279

Gmfrs Telephone Interview
« on: June 10, 2008, 01:02:22 PM »
Ive Got My Telephone Interview This Week, I Was Just Wondering If Anyone Else Has Had Theres This Week And If So Which Sections Of The Pqa's Did They Cover?

Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated

Thanks

Offline pisberg146

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 12:39:51 PM »
Hi Gaz 5729, i dont think your gonna get a reply on here mate as then you would have a advantage over the person who has already done it. I did mine yesterday and it was ok if i am completely honest...as long as you have got a couple of good examples for each PQA you will be fine.

Good luck mate

Pisberg146

Offline Gaz 5279

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 01:10:40 PM »
cheers for the reply pisberg146 i thought it was worth a try anyway, how long do they spend on each pqa? never done a phone interview before so dont know wot to expect.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR APPLICATION MATE.

Offline pisberg146

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 09:25:50 PM »
Hi Gaz, it lasts 30 mins mate and they cover 4 of the 9 PQA's. It was my first telephone interview to mate. Use the S.T.A.R method when answering your question's. Dont worry mate because they will promt you or re-phrase the question for you if needed.

Let me know how you get on mate.

All the best and good luck

Pisberg146

Offline Gaz 5279

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 12:01:34 PM »
hi pisberg146 had telephone interview this morning wasnt as daunting as i thought it would be they are good at makin it seem really informal. thanks for the advice hopefully i will have done ok, let me know how you get on.

good luck.

Offline BobbyPowers

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 12:14:14 PM »
Hi all, just had mine this morning.  Like mentioned previously, it's informal and over before you know it.  Only problem is, if your like me, you'll keep thinking of things you should of also said.  All we can do now is play the waiting game.  Good luck!

Offline Adam V

• http://www.bulgaria2rent.com
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 03:08:08 PM »
I passed NFA's but I'm waiting on manchester getting back to me to let me know if there is any availability for a phone interview, should find out sometime next week they said. If there is the availability do they give you a time or do you get a choice of times like with the NFA tests?

Offline AllyMacG

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 04:21:03 PM »
Quote from: BobbyPowers
Hi all, just had mine this morning.  Like mentioned previously, it's informal and over before you know it.  Only problem is, if your like me, you'll keep thinking of things you should of also said.  All we can do now is play the waiting game.  Good luck!
Keep note of these things you could have said then, if you are unsuccesful you can use them in the next recruitment run, hopefully you won't need to do that and your succesful this time.  I love this waiting game...NOT

Offline BobbyPowers

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 09:39:12 AM »
It'd be an idea to remember what you said if you get through.  I'm sure at the face to face interview stage they will grill us on what we said on the phone.  Again, that's hoping we get through!..

Offline hlj_1986

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 07:59:28 PM »
Were all the questions just PQA based or did they ask anything about greater manchester fireservice itself?

Offline Gaz 5279

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 10:04:20 PM »
Hi hlj_1986

all the questions are pqa based they didnt ask anything about manchester fire service when is your interview?

Offline hlj_1986

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 11:24:26 PM »
Thanks. Im Hoping my test is asap, they still have'nt given me a date yet, i can't believe their admin. I even did the written test on the first day they started. How did yours go?

Offline hlj_1986

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 11:25:38 PM »
By test i mean phone interview ;)

Offline pisberg146

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 07:09:53 PM »
Hi all, i got email today inviting me to physical tests!!! Anyone else got one?

Pisberg146

Offline dan_m_h

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 07:31:16 PM »
yeh i got mine, passed too, u been able to book a physical slot yet? the link isnt showing when im logged in