Author Topic: Gmfrs Telephone Interview  (Read 38635 times)

Offline Cat

• I can't wait to drive with flishy flashy woo woo's
Gmfrs Telephone Interview
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2008, 10:00:13 AM »
Same here unfortunately.  Sorry to here that too with you.  Think they might be recruiting again in August/September so maybe then.

Offline BobbyPowers

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2008, 10:15:16 AM »
Unlucky people, I didn't make it to the physical this time around but will be applying again in the next recruitment.  Hopefully see you all there, got to keep trying.

Offline Gaz 5279

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2008, 02:13:46 PM »
will we be allowed to apply in the next recruitment? i thought u had to wait three months?

Offline AllyMacG

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2008, 01:23:05 AM »
Cat, pisberg146, Sorry to hear that guys.  Unfortunately I was unsuccessful at telephone interview stage.  It’s unusual I think to inform you later on that you have been successful or unsuccessful at the practical stage as any practicals I have been to I was always informed on the day.  Did you get a reason or the chance to ask for feedback?  I was told I couldn’t get feedback from the interview but I’m still trying.  Good luck next time, might see you there!

Offline Cat

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2008, 09:16:14 AM »
I didn't get any reason on the e-mail, it was just as pisberg146 said,  thank you but no thanks.  I think I know where I failed anyway.  I did get a little bit of advice on the day from two of the officers when I did the ladder lift on what I "might need to improve on" if I don't get in though.  

Good luck to everyone next time too and might see you all there.

Offline adamski

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2008, 11:21:49 AM »
anyone got there interview this week?! If so any thoughts.... Im bricking it by the way!!!

Offline pisberg146

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2008, 06:05:21 PM »
Good luck Adamski! Let us know how it goes.

Pisberg146

Offline adamski

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2008, 10:16:28 PM »
thanks dude! anyone have any last min tips or advice to offer...!? be most appreciated!

Offline Cat

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2008, 09:11:10 AM »
Congratulations on passing the physical tests and good luck for the interview.

Offline dan_m_h

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2008, 03:44:01 PM »
had my interview today, have no idea how ive got on..... only time will tell!! 7 days of torture are ahead of me!

Offline pisberg146

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2008, 11:55:55 AM »
Hi Adamski, can you let me know what the face to face interview contained please....I failed at the physical stage last time, but now i am back in the process and waiting for my phone interview.

Many thanks

Pisberg146

P.s if you would rather email me you can at paulisberg@hotmail.com

Offline Adam V

• http://www.bulgaria2rent.com
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2008, 10:45:17 AM »
I have my phone interview on Tuesday and i've been racking my brains over the past couple of weeks jotting down answers for each PQA. When writing these out i was writing them out expecting the questions to asked in the context of "Name me a time when you have show your commitment to diversity & integrity", for example.

I've just read this page on the fireservice website - http://fireservice.co.uk/recruitment/interviewquestions.php . Where the wording of the questions seem to be much more specific.

Are the phone interview questions asked like i originally thought or in fact more like the examples on the fireservice website?

Offline vikingmma

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2008, 07:34:11 PM »
hi adam. the questions are based on the pqa's, but they may word them differently (like the ones from the link) i wasn't too bad on the telephone because i had some notes in front of me, but in the face to face i had to think on my feet and adapt my examples to fit the questions i was asked, very stressful!

the questions won't be as straightforward as your example above, if they are then you have been very lucky! (in the face to face, i was asked something along the lines of 'can you tell me a time when you have had to mediate between two people from different backgrounds who have had a disagreement' . . . NIGHTMARE!!)

i do remember the questions on the phone being a lot easier than in the face to face, dont know whether it was intentional.

remember to 'bend' your examples around so they fit the question you are being asked.

if you have put enough effort in (and it sounds like you have) you should be fine mate, good luck, let us know how you get on!

Offline Adam V

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2008, 01:29:07 PM »
thanks for the advice viking. Got my interview at 4o'clock this afternoon, just sat here bricking myself now waiting for the phone to ring. (don't know why when they're not going to ring for another two and half hours!). Anyway i'll let post how i got on later.

Offline Adam V

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2008, 04:59:35 PM »
Well... it's done!! Really glad to get it out of the way. Not sure how well it went but i don't think it was too bad anyway. He said i should find out by the end of next week so will just have to wait and see. Good luck to anyone else who has theirs recently or due to over the next week.