Author Topic: ADC's  (Read 20418 times)

Offline docfin

ADC's
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 09:14:44 PM »
Bless you. Perhaps I should build the first Kirk in kent.

Offline dave bev

ADC's
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 09:57:47 PM »
i suppose you could all comment on the consultation paper on progression? check it our via the odpm 'gateway'

that way the views of the workforce will at least be raised by those undergoing the process, the fbu will of course be responding on behalf of its members

dave bev

Offline peanut

ADC's
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 04:19:25 PM »
Have looked through the consultation document.

Section one: "The processes [ADC] involve taking part in a variety of job simulation exercises...    ...extensvie research has shown this approach to be the most objective and accurate method of assessing an individual's potential..."

So, ADC's (writing stories and role playing) are obviously much better than written theory exams, giving an instructional lecture, running a drill session and commanding (sorry, managing) a simulated incident run in real-time with real crews.  

Thank heavens the role of a junior officer doesn't involve training crews and responding to incidents, otherwise we would have to devise some kind of national examinations system to test them!

Offline dave bev

ADC's
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 05:30:53 PM »
good points well made!!

it doesnt stop an authority for 'attaching' other tests for instance something akin to part 2 of the fseb tests! i would certainly advocate such an addition (ps it doesnt state the fseb type test, that is one of my thoughts on the issue)

why not reply as an individual - you dont have to make reference to every question asked, NOR do you have to answer the 'set questions' - at least you will have tried to influence the issue instead of complaining about it!

Offline canniabal

Re: ADC's
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 06:26:07 PM »
I'VE JUST SAT THE ADC WITHIN MY BRIGADE AND WAS UNSUCESSFUL I FOUND THIS OUT BY PHONING UP CAREER DEVELOPMENT AS I HEARD THAT IF U HAD PASSED YOU WOULD BE GETTING A CALL FROM THEM WITHIN DAYS OF TAKING THE ADC THIS WASN'T FROM THEM BUT FROM PEOPLE WHO HAD TAKEN THE ADC THE SAME WEEK I DID I PUT THIS QUESTION TO CAREER DEVELOPMENT THAT IF YOU DON'T PASS THEY WOULD NOT CALL YOU AND IF YOU DID THEY WOULD TO GIVE YOU AN INTERVIEW DATE THEY SAID THIS WAS NOT TRUE BUT I KNOW OF THREE PEOPLE THAT PASSED AND HAD THE CALL, MY POINT IS THAT IF THEY WORK ON PQA'S SURELY THEY NEED TO LOOK AT THEM AND PRACTISE WHAT THEY ARE TESTING US ON ALSO IN THE SAME WEEK ADVERTS WENT OUT FOR INTERESTED COMPETANT FIREFIGHTERS TO APPLY FOR CREWMANAGERS POSTS HOWEVER THESE WHERE ON THE RETAINED DUTY SYSTEM AND ON THERE ADVERT IT CLEARLY SAYS THAT THEY DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THE ADC STAGE 2 AS IT IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW MY POINT AGAIN IS WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARDS WE ARE MAINLY A FULL TIME BRIGADE AND ONLY HAVE 7 RETAINED STATIONS OUT OF 50 ANYONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH THERE BRIGADE

Offline bungle

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 02:56:15 AM »
Am I the only one who feels that this whole farce is the responsibility of the FBU. The whole promotion system is a farce and the FBU caved in at the June 2003 meeting with the employers and gave this entire ridiculous system the fig leaf of legitimacy.

Bungle G I Fire E

Offline kurnal

• http://www.peakland-fire-safety.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 07:28:28 AM »
Well I suppose it shows somethings never change and the old mushroom farm mentality is still thriving. (Keep them in the dark and drop s**t on them.)