Author Topic: Inconsistent enforcement officers  (Read 8389 times)

Offline Fraudley

Re: Inconsistent enforcement officers
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 11:59:01 AM »
Nope, there are a lot of crap officers out there in England.  Its all down to the training. 
Agreed Colin but there are also some good ones and all of us sometimes find ourselves in situations that we instinctively want to advise one thing, but due to constraints beyond our control have to offer alternative advice. We all know the RRO is a confused animal, but it is what it is and every day we have to use it to the best of our ability to make businesses safer. I often read risk assessments and cannot believe the recommendations within them, even ones by very competent assessors, but that is their assessment of the situation not mine (One just has to look at the content of some care homes to further that debate), which is why I wholeheartedly agree with Robs point. This is what makes the job interesting.

Offline longjohn

Re: Inconsistent enforcement officers
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »
They may be inconsistent but they have the whip hand, because they are the fire police and know everything and can tell the RP he is not meeting Article x,y,z, etc (without explaining why in the case of some Brigades). So challenge or back down is the option