THE REGULATORY REFORM (FIRE SAFETY) ORDER 2005 > Press Releases

Fire Deaths Increase ....

(1/5) > >>

David Rooney:
So what's going wrong??

With our improved Building Regulations, the FSO, British Standard revision after revision ......, super advanced early detection technology (bit of a waste of time within a "stay put policy" if you ask me but hey ho .....) and redcare monitored signalling - although that is pretty much obsolete.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37107087

Owain:

--- Quote from: David Rooney on August 18, 2016, 01:40:24 PM ---So what's going wrong??

--- End quote ---

Are the fire deaths actual deaths IN fires, in which case it may be due to the FRS not getting the people out quickly enough; or subsequent deaths in or on arrival at hospital, which may be due to shortcomings in the ambulance service or A&E.

colin todd:
The increase in domestic deaths looks to be statistically significant, is it not?

AnthonyB:
The statistics don't break down the type of dwelling, but already some in the fire alarm industry have started blaming this on flats and stay put and wanting full site wide alarms everywhere....

I wonder what the actual cause behind the trend is. Smoke alarms reversed the trend at one point, then non functional ones seems to have bumped it up, but with the increase in Grade D alarms as oppose to Grade F you would have thought this would have had impact on this.

colin todd:
Tony, please tell me that people in the fire alarm industry are not really that stupid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version