Author Topic: Animal Premises and Stables  (Read 27229 times)

Offline Dinnertime Dave

Animal Premises and Stables
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 01:32:48 PM »
I`ve just received my copy via pony express, it occured to me that travel distances in stables should be extended to take into account that horses sleep with their shoes on.

Offline Mike Buckley

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 04:19:51 PM »
Just waiting for new signage walking horse on green background etc. Or will we have to wait for an in depth study to determine what signs are best understood by animals?
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it.

Offline jokar

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 07:25:12 PM »
I am led to believe that dogs only see in black and white, is this the same for other animals?  If so then the ISO standard hammered home to us all recently will have to change to accommodate this.

Offline Nearlybaldandgrey

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 08:13:29 PM »
Oh my goodness!

Whatever next?

Anyway, must get back to the hamster cage assessment .............

Offline AndyJ

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 10:58:04 PM »
I bolted - so I take no blame for the recommendation for the closed stable door to be 30 min FR in dead end conditions. Equally I know that cows can't walk down stairs! Hey ho! =D

Offline slubberdegullion

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 01:55:02 PM »
I see that we have new signs to go with document

Offline Mike Buckley

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 04:55:45 PM »
Yes nice sign but shouldn't the sign be encouraging the horse to walk and not gallop? Whilst I can see the logic of this sign in a riding establishment surely there is a need for signs for other animal species cows sheep chickens etc.

We need guidance!!! Is a horse acceptable as a generic animal? Definitely this is a decision that requires a parlimentary debate! or a least a ministerial statement!
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to those who think they've found it.

Offline Tom Sutton

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 07:28:04 PM »
With all the discussions on exit signs why are you using the euro sign change it for the BS or ISO sign immediately.
All my responses only apply to England and Wales and they are an overview of the subject, hopefully it will point you in the right direction and always treat with caution.

messy

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 08:21:19 PM »
Just hang a carrot over the door

Offline Big A

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »
Quote from: messy
Just hang a carrot over the door
It would have to be linked to the AFD so that it (the carrot) would only be in position in the event of fire. If it was hanging over the door all the time, the horse may leave the stable before the fire and that would never do.

:)=)

Offline Mr. P

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 09:31:52 AM »
Or, by nibbling at the carrot there would be numerous false alarms. "anymore false alarms, and you'll be horse meat"  - good deterant

Offline slubberdegullion

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 02:01:11 PM »

Offline PhilB

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 02:09:37 PM »
I don't know who started this thread but you chaps are just not taking this seriously!!!!!....Anyway a polar bear walks into a hotel bar and says I'll have a gin....................................................... &........................................................................................................tonic please.

and the barman says "why the big paws?"

Offline jokar

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 06:58:11 PM »
I have been thinking about the people next door, she has a strange voice, I think she is a little hoarse.  A pony you say, I wouldn't pay her fifty quid   As they are "neigh" bours do you think that the guide applies to their premises.  I think I may have to moooove if they find this post.

Offline Nearlybaldandgrey

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 07:42:51 PM »
Oh my goodness ..... it really has gone downhill!!