Author Topic: Public Building...Locked Fire Escape!  (Read 29045 times)

Offline afterburner

Public Building...Locked Fire Escape!
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2008, 01:25:51 PM »
Donna, a question posed by Nearlythere was whether this building was owned by the Crown. Whilst not owned by the Crown, it is occupied by the Crown when the non-custodial court sits, and therefore the question is valid. However, the exemption from the requirement to have exit doors unlocked only applies to places of lawful detention, when they are used as places of lawful detention. So, from your descriptions previously given, there appears to every reason for the doors to be unlocked, and available at all times, even when the Court is sitting because it is not used for lawful detention.

Offline Donna

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2008, 09:21:22 AM »
Thankyou afterburner, you have got my point entirely :-)

At the weekends, when the building opens its doors to hundreds of members of the public, for Weddings and Craft Fairs....The Doors are STILL locked then.
What valid reason on earth!

By the way I emailed  the Fire Safety Officer on the 8th May, politely asking the question about this exit, and I havent had a reply as of yet!
I had an automated reply that my email had been logged as non urgent and passed to the relevant dept, blah blah blah, (exact words in a previous post)

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2008, 09:40:42 AM »
Quote from: Donna
Thankyou afterburner, you have got my point entirely :-)

At the weekends, when the building opens its doors to hundreds of members of the public, for Weddings and Craft Fairs....The Doors are STILL locked then.
What valid reason on earth!

By the way I emailed  the Fire Safety Officer on the 8th May, politely asking the question about this exit, and I havent had a reply as of yet!
I had an automated reply that my email had been logged as non urgent and passed to the relevant dept, blah blah blah, (exact words in a previous post)
Who does the building belong to?
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Offline Donna

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2008, 07:02:09 PM »
The District Council!

Offline Donna

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 09:56:18 AM »
Bingo!
A very nice member of the Fire Safety Team has made contact with me this morning, and a meeting has been arranged to have a friendly discussion to hopefully resolve some issues,
So until this meeting has taken place I would like to close this topic for now, In fairness to the gentleman who has made contact with me.
So thankyou for everyone who has contributed.

Offline MonkeyBoy

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2008, 02:01:05 PM »
Donna -- hope your meeting with the Fire Safety Officer went Ok last month.

Any "news" for us on how things are going??

Offline Donna

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2008, 12:19:10 PM »
Sorry MonkeyBoy, I haven't been on here for a while, so not seen your message,
I posted a bit about it on the topic "A Positive Outcome" and its way down the list on the "Fire Safety" forum, (last post 6th June) it thats of any help, and the topic is now closed.