Author Topic: retirement age  (Read 7793 times)

Offline b217bravo

retirement age
« on: April 23, 2005, 05:46:08 PM »
Following the introduction of R2R how does this affect the age of retirement, say a GM ,formerly an ADO, would have retired at age 55, whereas a GM, formerly a DO, would have retired at age 60.
I have no personal interest in the answer, having long since retired from service, but I do not have access to the Grey Book.
Thanks ia advance for any (non sarcastic) answers.
Geoff

Offline fireftrm

retirement age
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 07:23:09 PM »
I thought that the ADO was the point at which 60 came in - in which case the same question but StnO flexi (SM - A) v. ADO not-group of stns (SM - B)?
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline dave bev

retirement age
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 06:33:16 PM »
and you all though the hold up was being caused by a reputable trade union! the 'deal' specifically mentioned PROTECTION ARRANGEMENTS which is more than pay protection issues

ps retirement age has nothing to do with flexi duty -

there does seem to be a need for some people to read the fps a little more closely - thats not a dig geoff its strange that most of those in the scheme dont know how it works - and it isnt exactly rocket science - cant be cos i understand it (the old one - not the proposals!)

dave bev

Offline ellitore

retirement age
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 10:57:15 PM »
There's an operational crew manager at Tamworth, Staffordshire, who is approaching 58!
It makes a bit of a mockery of the FBU's present 'Hands off our pensions' campaign

Offline dave bev

retirement age
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 10:02:28 AM »
under which pension scheme?

Offline ellitore

retirement age
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 08:03:45 PM »
The Crew Manager at Tamworth is part time, and as such (at the moment) receives no fire service pension.
Surely the point is,the fight is to receive your pension at 50, or 30 years service and not at 55.
To let a firefighter carry on on 6 monthly fixed contracts after reaching 55, because you can't recruit firefighters to the station is ludicrous.
I assume that the FBU has full knowledge of this?

Offline dave bev

retirement age
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 08:11:24 PM »
when you say part time are you in fact referring to retained?

if so, those staff conditioned to the retained duty system have been denied their rights to join the current firefighter scheme. the fbu has taken this before the high court on appeal, so to suggest that it makes a mockery of the fbu's campaign is a 'little unfair'.

the issues you raise are actually in contradiction the govts plans to 'modernise' the firefighter pension scheme - i assume you are busy writing to them also?

the fbu often only knows if it gets told!
contrary to popular belief we dont have tape recorders or video cameras discretely monitoring the workplace, though the use of plants is acceptable!