Author Topic: Time to rationalise or close Moreton in Marsh  (Read 16196 times)

Offline oilybum

Time to rationalise or close Moreton in Marsh
« on: July 01, 2005, 03:08:12 PM »
Very simply now that two tier entry has now become firmly established in UK Fireland the need for officer training has become obsolete. For instance brigades are now seem to be claiming they can train up civvies at the drop of a hat to become operational commanders. In consequence, as firefighting operations has become of minor importance, the Fire Service College Moreton in Marsh is now irrelevant and needs closing.

Offline dave bev

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 07:00:31 PM »
awwwww, and just when the new 'blocks' have just been opened aswell!

the fsc will not close and nor should it, though we could have few debates about its place, rightful or not, in  fire uk plc. a private agency charging not insignificant amounts for training that has now been identified as being able to be provided elsewhere. agency status - great idea - i didnt hear the custodians of the college fighting tooth and nail to stop it happening - shame on them, my understanding is they actively encouraged it along with all the brigades who were given their 'top slice' - and where are they now its turning to rat ****!

the most cynical amongst us will believe that the whole ipds saga is desgined to bring the masses back to the college because they truly know the 'way' it should be and will help others to see the 'light' - all they have really done is to sound the death toll - which can be silenced and the ferryman cancelled, if only they knew how to!

good debate to start though oily

dave bev

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 09:33:52 PM »
When it closes, can I come to the closing ceremony, and watch the great, the good and the jumped up (mainly the latter) getting their P45s Oily?
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline oilybum

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 07:38:09 AM »
Colin you sure can and i will join you. Of course then there will probably be a sale of Fire items for everybody else to buy their own piece of Fire History.

Of course the site would then have to be disposed off. Only other use i can think off is use it for housing or a weekend carboot site.

But seriously Fire facilities have improved at other sites in the UK and what Moreton provides can now be provided elsewhere.

Offline colin todd

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »
Yo, Oily, Can I buy the senior officers' uniforms, so I can strut about and pretend I am important and that I  know whether it is Christmas or Easter. I think that the site should be used as social housing for old and irrelevant people. Then the existing incumbents will not need to relocate. And re your final point, what Moreton can provide can probably in many, though not all, cases be provided better elsewhere.

messy

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 06:16:31 PM »
Close M in M??.

Does that mean the bugs would close too?

Offline dave bev

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 11:00:20 AM »
no, it would just move somewhere else. as it has many times - town hall, football club, the legion to my knowledge. anyone remember/know of any other venues?

dave bev

Offline ellitore

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2005, 02:12:43 PM »
Surely, when/if Moreton closes, the 'great, the good and the jumped up', and the officers who don't know Chrismas from Easter should be sent back to their respective brigades to ensure that these damned civvy types don't take over!
For these are the uniformed experienced officers of which we speak in "IT HAD TO COME SOONER OR LATER"

Offline afterburner

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2005, 03:53:47 PM »
How will they describe M in M on E-bay and how much should they post the opening bid?

Offline colin todd

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 06:05:44 PM »
Ok I was going to resist, but, for a fellow Edinburgh man, how can I refuse, bearing in mind that Edinburgh is the centre of the known Universe.
''Redundant premises for sale, following exodus of existing tenants back to their home domicile of the Plant Upownarse in the Galaxy of Pretention. Suitable as landfill site, but will need Rentokil to carry out a sweep for dinosaurs. Contains highly valuable antiques, such as old fire engines, thinking and people skills. Opening bid of £1''

Offline Mark

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 09:58:22 PM »
Colin

You can have the bedroom sinks, compliments of UK FB !?!

Lee999

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 05:05:30 PM »
Bedroom sinks? What are you on about?

I thought that was a urinal!

Offline dave bev

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 06:12:27 PM »
bedroom stinks? why is that then?

dave bev

Offline colin todd

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 06:27:34 PM »
The smell of promotion prospects to become one of the ruling classes, Davey. Not something that good commies like you and I would ever wish to get a whiff of.

Offline Brian Catton

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 11:04:49 PM »
Colin How can you talk about the centre of excellence in such terms.
Jurassic Park had less dinosaurs I think. When I went there last month it was full of Italian fire officers with long hair. Some male and some female. Did not see many indiginous species though.
I thought you and I could buy it and open it up as a fire risk assessment training school. I do not know what we would do with the FPA and IFE tenants though. We would probably still need the security to protect you.