Author Topic: Time to rationalise or close Moreton in Marsh  (Read 16157 times)

Offline oilybum

Time to rationalise or close Moreton in Marsh
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2005, 06:51:24 AM »
Brian your reference to Jurassic park was useful. Perhaps it would make a good site for a theme park. But then again in the middle of nowhere and with lousy road links probably not. best let it return to nature and somewhere a ferial Bill Oddy can roam at will.

Offline dave bev

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2005, 09:10:10 AM »
in an effort to be constructive - is it the facilities, the way its run, the service(s) it offers that makes you all think it should be raised to the ground?

i still think it has a major part to play in training for the uk fire service not just in terms of operatiional facilities but in terms of a consistent approach. perhaps the time is right to return to top slicing (which appears to me to be the point that it started its 'demise') this would allow for the full funding to be established allowing the correct staff to be recruited.

could it not start to deliver fire engineering degrees (with the right staff of course) on a residential basis?

im not so sure that ipds hasnt contributed to its current position - but thats probably too much for me to write today!!!

come on everyone, yes its had its problems, yes it probably still has many - but as a facility it could become second to none with the right support

dave bev

Offline fireftrm

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 02:10:20 PM »
Dave

What make the 'college' a real College? What a revolutionary thought! They should be, and many of said as much in response to the first draft ODPM Workforce Development Strategy, the 'Open University' for the Fire Service. Not just offering degrees but all levels of academic and vocational qualifications. The operational facilities they have are fantastic, but why send people there for management development that they can get (often more professionally) at a local college? If the FSC is to survive it needs to develop such courses that can be delivered by franchised training providers (maybe the local college) with workshop elements, just like the OU. These could be regional day courses, or residential at Moreton.
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005, 09:49:15 PM »
I am sure the Italians had a nice time. They like old historic amphitheatres.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates