Author Topic: Pro Board or IFSAC certification  (Read 4471 times)

Offline sticky_uk

Pro Board or IFSAC certification
« on: August 08, 2005, 05:18:19 PM »
is the british fire service training recognised/accredited/approved etc with america pro board or ifsac. just for general interest only. are we recognised by anyone?  cheers

Offline fireftrm

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 06:59:35 PM »
No, why should they be?  They are recognised by the British Fire Service is that not good enough?

PS are any American training organisations recognised by the Fire Service College or the IFE, or the ODPM? If so why?

PS Some training companies list their training programs as "IFSAC Accredited". There is no such thing as "IFSAC Accredited Training" as IFSAC does not accredit training programs. IFSAC only accredits the certification processes of our member entities.

So what accreditation would they get anyway?
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline sticky_uk

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 02:36:30 PM »
fireftrm you seem as though you took it wrong way. i've been a british f/f along time now. i'm only enquiring because of a possible job abroad. obviously with the americans through a private company. i'm just enquiring