FIRE SERVICE AND GENERAL FIRE SAFETY TOPICS > Fire Investigation

Types of fires that can start at schools

<< < (15/16) > >>

wee brian:
Kurnal

Thanks for spotting my criptic comment. What I was getting at was that sprinklers are great but you still need to construct your building properly, with cavity stops etc.

The magic 800mm is just good old committee wisdom. It would be unreasonable to expect people to provide sprinklers/and or detectors in evey void in the building (there are lots of them) so somebody had to pick a number.

Depending on the spray pattern of the sprinkler heads they may not be very effective in a shallow ceiling void, unless they are installed close together. (just a thought)

nearlythere:

--- Quote from: STUDENT ---Im doin a portolio and i need examples of different fires that may start at school or in the work space!   eg. how does the fire start?
--- End quote ---
You just have to remember that there are 3 causes of fire. Men, woman and children.

Big T:
And Dragons, Don't forget dragons.

azadeshamsi:

--- Quote from: Chris Houston on September 24, 2005, 09:07:49 PM ---Dear Students,

I work for the company that insures many of the schools in the UK.

Email me (click on "email" below this message) and I can share some facts and figures.  Basically as I alluded to above, most are deliberatly set.  Many result in a catasrophic fire.  

Chris.

--- End quote ---
hi chris
I am studing on  a case study about school,I need data sourses for simulation.Would you please help me?

kurnal:
Chris rarely shows up here these days- what exactly are you needing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version