Author Topic: interview.  (Read 7177 times)

Offline pete.d

interview.
« on: May 18, 2008, 01:38:29 PM »
ive got a interview for oban airport fire service.... has any one got any advice they can give me for interview ???

Offline Yeebsy

interview.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 10:16:43 AM »
Sorry mate I have no idea how they work up there. If the rest of the 'Highland and Island' guys are anything to go by learn to drink lots of whiskey.  ;)
Isn't it funny, how if you sit in a library and scream, everyone looks at you and tuts...but do the same thing on an aircraft and everyone joins in!

Offline stevfire2

interview.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 09:31:42 PM »
oban seems to be an airport thats had its problems recently. im not even sure its got its licence yet. its had a fire crew with no work for a while (though i believe they do ops, etc , which has led to claims of overstaffing.) be positive and open minded about the position, i doubt it will be a position where you sit around all day in your leggings.go in with an attitude that you enjoy a challenge, and can be flexible,  whilst wanting to uphold / comply with the standards.good luck,

Offline Alba

interview.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 10:48:28 PM »
Yeah we have had our problems, we do ops, FISO and RFFS. Plenty of work to do around the airport so you never have too much time to sit around. It is a challenge though as we also look after the low cat guys on the other 2 islands, so there can be a bit of travelling involved.

Ive sent Pete.d an email.

Offline pete.d

interview.
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 09:14:15 PM »
thanks for all the advice fellas much appreciated.

Offline mikedelta

interview.
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 10:18:33 PM »
when have you got your interview with oban airport?
is it a big airport?
best of luck.

Offline pete.d

interview.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 01:30:44 PM »
ive got my interview next wed... oban airport isnt a big airport, i believe its a CAT3... anyone correct me if im wrong,which airport are you at.

Offline ruffles1

interview.
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 09:28:56 AM »
Pete, may i suggest you find out as much about the airport and the RFFS b4 you go for interview rather than think its a cat3, you should get the standard questions like "what do you know about the airport / RFFS"

Offline pete.d

interview.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 09:02:01 PM »
thanx ruffles1... been finding out what i can with limited resources... not much on the web but getting info from ladz on here which has helped.