Author Topic: Wedges  (Read 11088 times)

Offline Tom W

Wedges
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:19:19 PM »
Seen any good ones recently?

Offline lancsfirepro

Re: Wedges
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 04:24:26 PM »
Was doing an FRA in a care home today.  Picked up a 2kg CO2 that was in one of those pod type floor stands.  Cradled it like a baby to read the service details.... put it back... realise my hand was wet.... smelled said hand.... hand smelled of urine... washed hands.... still smelled urine.... realised jumper was covered in it also.  :-X  Just got out of the shower now.

Offline Tom W

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 09:10:36 AM »
Was doing an FRA in a care home today.  Picked up a 2kg CO2 that was in one of those pod type floor stands.  Cradled it like a baby to read the service details.... put it back... realise my hand was wet.... smelled said hand.... hand smelled of urine... washed hands.... still smelled urine.... realised jumper was covered in it also.  :-X  Just got out of the shower now.

Grim! haha sorry to hear that. The perils of care homes hey

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:24:56 AM »
Seen any good ones recently?

Looks to tick most of the boxes.

Highly visable
Adequate instructions on method of operation
Easily operated
Limited training requirement

All in all nice piece of kit. 8)

We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Midland Retty

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 01:07:01 PM »
Hey Nearlythere I'd be sorely tempted to "borrow" this idea, improve it a little, and take it to the Dragons Den.

Nice little earner if you can get Hillary, Duncan or Theo on board to flog these old pal.

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 01:58:05 PM »
Hey Nearlythere I'd be sorely tempted to "borrow" this idea, improve it a little, and take it to the Dragons Den.

Nice little earner if you can get Hillary, Duncan or Theo on board to flog these old pal.

Tell you what Maniac. We'll both go on. You can present the case for investment and I'll just stand there fluttering my eyes at Hill and look pretty. I could do the presentation but don't think you could do the other.

Midland Retty

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 02:18:29 PM »
No you're absolutely right there NT old chap, I'm very poor at fluttering my eyes since my eye lids fell off with age.

The first thing I'll do is put me thumb up to Duncan Ballantyne and do my best scottish accent as taught me by Laird Colin Todd. I'll say something like " Dis ye wanny invest in a few wee wedgies laddy (or Jimmy) ?" ....He'll love that !

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 02:26:52 PM »
Hmmm. On second thoughts perhaps if we trowelled on the makeup and provided you with a flashy eye patch just like that singer girl you could just stand there and point to bits as I explained them.

Offline Tom W

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 04:01:38 PM »
You're on to a winner there

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 04:41:17 PM »
Is the wedge made of wood? If so it will automaticly release when it burns - Brilliant!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 12:51:57 PM »
All the best products are those that need replacing regularly to provide an on-going revenue stream.

With this in mind, could the wedge be made of cheese instead?

Obviously, it might have to be Red Leicester to keep the 'high visibility' aspect.

Offline Mar62

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 02:03:18 PM »
One of my favourite ones I have found was a 2kg CO2 extinguisher marked " To be used as door stop only".
Unfortunately I cant upload the photo for some reason.

Each and every day is a learning curve and today is one of those days?

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 02:47:46 PM »
One of my favourite ones I have found was a 2kg CO2 extinguisher marked " To be used as door stop only".

Well in these days of austerity we can only admire the way some are saving money by getting the most out of everything by improvisation.
Wouldn't a block of ice make a great HOD?
Would it not allow the door to close in the event of a fire in the immediate vicinity?
Still working on the smoke bit. Anyone help?

Offline Wiz

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 04:05:18 PM »

Well in these days of austerity we can only admire the way some are saving money by getting the most out of everything by improvisation.
Wouldn't a block of ice make a great HOD?
Would it not allow the door to close in the event of a fire in the immediate vicinity?
Still working on the smoke bit. Anyone help?

Genius, N.T.!

Forget the smoke detection, it will suffer from unwanted alarms. The heat detection element of your proposal is surely enough!

Offline Meerkat

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 10:04:51 AM »
Am I the only one that removes any wooden wedges I find holding back fire doors and takes them away with me?

Is this actually theft?  ???
There's nothing simple about a Meerkat...