Author Topic: Combined burglar and fire alarm  (Read 8618 times)

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
Re: Combined burglar and fire alarm
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 12:33:24 AM »
Tam, I thought I said fire-fighters looked good compared to rat catchers.  But if you followed the guidance that I wrote I imagine you didnt go far wrong.  But its all gone down since you retired, Tam.  Inexperienced I/Os and no QA by senior officers is the order of the day.  I rue the day they put radios in the appliances instead of the old fireflash, dont you?
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline Tom Sutton

Re: Combined burglar and fire alarm
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »
Colin you very well know I was talking about all departments under the control of the local authority. I doubt you wrote any of the guidance we used, I said like you, I suspect you would have been a young spotted youth listening in awe to Prof Rasbash in your beloved Auld Reekie Uni when I joined FP, assuming you were on the first course. As for the present day that's for somebody else to take up the cudgel. Fireflash I remember it well I always carried three pence in my tunic pocket up to the day retired. Ahhhhh.
All my responses only apply to England and Wales and they are an overview of the subject, hopefully it will point you in the right direction and always treat with caution.