Author Topic: Ashtrays with-in 50 ft of gas pump  (Read 7144 times)

anonymous

Ashtrays with-in 50 ft of gas pump
« on: April 19, 2005, 02:16:46 AM »
Recently I came to near blows with a stranger when I went to get gas.  I am not a violent man nor very quick to lose my temper.  What brought about the conflict  was his insistance that he had the right to smoke where he was because there was an ashtray there.  The location was less than 50 feet from a gas pump.
   If there was a mistake or accident for whatever reason it does not take much imagination to figure out what would be the likely results of a puddle of gas by a gas station,  and a lit cigaret landing in the gas.
   I attempted to solve the problem,   however it still exists.  I  of course  will no  longer buy gas at  that station  but there are many others that do and could be hurt or killed because this.
   I have not found the corporate headquarters address to determine what their policy is.  I hesitate to mention their name in the event this is an individual case and foolishishness on the local store managers part.
   Does anyone have any suggestions on the best course of action?

Offline burgermuncher999

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 09:16:10 AM »
Was this in the UK. I assume the smoker was an employee of said premises.

Offline Frankie

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 12:23:59 PM »
I suggest you aren't within a hundred yards of said station when mr smokey decides to light up. Smoking will bad for his health one way or the other.

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 06:10:01 PM »
I usually send one  of the kids to fill up the car for me. I clearly miss this sort of excitement.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates