Author Topic: Holiday accomodation emergency lighting required?  (Read 25948 times)

Midland Retty

Holiday accomodation emergency lighting required?
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2008, 12:00:08 PM »
Quote from: redbadge
So where do we keep the torch that we use to find the alarmed box housing the the other torch?
We don't squire !

Yer illuminous pad will enlighten you and show you the way... use the force redbadge use the force

Offline redbadge

« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2008, 12:32:06 PM »
My apologies, I caught a bout of facetiousness after reading Wee Brians posts this morning!

Offline wee brian

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2008, 01:54:44 PM »
Quote from: Midland Retty
You are bloomin ratty these days Wee Brian, Im worried about you, always such a nice chappie normally, whats gotten into you eh? has a nasty fire officer kicked you with his jack boots? are you in the dog house with the Missus? Come its friday!!!! :P
I'm just losing faith in the way things are going.

I keep meeting people who are trying to make an honest living (hoteliers etc.) and they are being ask to provide more and more unnescessary fire protection.  I feel it's bringing my profession into disrepute.  For some reason a lot of people think that somebody running a B&B will have money coming out of their ears and just a few emergencyy lights, a new fire alarm, a smoke control system, sprinklers and an ejector bed are just chump change.

Sure we can all try and provide for every risk but if we don't whatch ourselves we will be issuing helmets in case of meteor strike.

To be honest if you really think lighting is necessary then fit an emrgency luminare. I cant think of a more stupid idea than fitting torches on the wall.
In an emergency, faffing about with a torch is a dangerous waste of time.

I cant imagine the partially sighted lady will be any better off in a smoke filled house with a torch in he hand. In fact she is probably more able to find her way out in the dark than I am.

But I do love you all and wish you a pleasant weekend.

Regards

WB

Midland Retty

« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2008, 02:21:22 PM »
Nah you have a fair point !

I respect your opinion and I love you too... infact being as it is a leap year.... and to show there are no hard feelings "will you marry me" Wee Brian? will you ?

Ive always "held a torch" for you 'WeeBee', though admittedly its currently mounted on a luminous pad in the bedroom cos my arm ached after a while!

Sorry its friday afternoon and Im bored and as ever the medication hasnt kicked in .... more prozac anyone?

Clevelandfire

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2008, 01:25:25 AM »
Quote from: Midland Retty
Nah you have a fair point !

I respect your opinion and I love you too... infact being as it is a leap year.... and to show there are no hard feelings "will you marry me" Wee Brian? will you ?

Ive always "held a torch" for you 'WeeBee', though admittedly its currently mounted on a luminous pad in the bedroom cos my arm ached after a while!

Sorry its friday afternoon and Im bored and as ever the medication hasnt kicked in .... more prozac anyone?
LOL!