Author Topic: Airport Fire fighter  (Read 110483 times)

Offline careym

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2008, 02:56:18 PM »
Gonzofire,

Im still on the waiting list mate. I have to re sit the physical for gatwick when it comes round again in the next couple of months and the re interview as have been wating for 2 years.

Offline gonzofire

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »
Hi caraym,

When I was down at Gatwick they said that no one was on the waiting list, well I hope you get in this time might see you at the physical if I pass the group exercise. Goodluck

Offline careym

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2008, 12:32:45 PM »
Yeah HR archived my details even though i emailed every few months.

Good luck for yourself aswell mate

Offline james

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2008, 09:06:39 AM »
Hi everybody. I have just read all your posts. I'm from Devon and on the 26/03/08 i am attending a physical at stanstead subject to passing and the references. I will be offered a place at Heathrow. I have currently been on the list since june 2006, at times i thought they had forgotten about me.
the reason for this post.
1. I am currently a serving retained crew manager, efad, casualty carer and all the other courses related to my role. I am going to be looking for somewhere to live/ rent within a 20 mile radius of Heathrow i have a wife and 2 children so somewhere quiet. any area names would be appreciated so i can start my search.
2. I am also loooking to stay retained. not to worrried about my role, back to basics would be nice. does anyone know of any stations currently recruiting.

Offline Yeebsy

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2008, 02:41:49 PM »
Hi 514, I'm at Heathrow, good luck with it all. Where in Devon are you? The reason I ask is we have people who work at Heathrow  who come from all over. We have guys who live in Leicester, wales, Ireland, loads come from Southampton and yes I believe a couple from North Devon and they all commute.  If you are definitely moving I would consider a bit further out than 20 miles, we have loads of guys live down the M3 corridor which I think  would suit you especially if you go back to Devon on family visits. So you could look at Camberley, farnborough, Fleet, Hartley Whitney. Hope this helps a bit.
Isn't it funny, how if you sit in a library and scream, everyone looks at you and tuts...but do the same thing on an aircraft and everyone joins in!

Offline james

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2008, 11:52:43 AM »
Thanks Yeebsy for the info. I live between Exeter and Torquay in sunny South Devon, i'll check those areas out to see what the house prices are like and to see if there are any stations recruiting. could you give me a bit more info on the current shift patterns, I know its 12.5 hours a day.
  Do all the guys travel everyday or share digs there.

Offline Yeebsy

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2008, 01:48:34 PM »
Most guys travel every day except a couple, one has a narrow boat he stays on when he's here and one dosses at a mates house when he comes over from Ireland. The shift pattern starts on a Thursday 2 days 2 nights 2 off, 1 day 2 nights 2 off, 2 days 1 night 2 off, 2 days 2 nights 8 off all 12 hour shifts starting and finishing at 7 am/pm.
Fleet, Camberley and I believe Hartney Whitney have retained stations. (I will double check tomorrow as a lot of our guys live there and are retained).
Isn't it funny, how if you sit in a library and scream, everyone looks at you and tuts...but do the same thing on an aircraft and everyone joins in!

Offline Big A

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2008, 03:33:12 PM »
I think you can probably get property fairly cheaply in Sipson at the moment.

Offline Yeebsy

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2008, 08:32:04 PM »
Quote from: Big A
Cheers Big A, my coffee just spurted out of my nose.

Offline Big A

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2008, 04:29:13 PM »
Quote from: Yeebsy
Quote from: Big A
Cheers Big A, my coffee just spurted out of my nose.
Nice

Offline Yeebsy

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »
Hi bambam, good luck for trying to get in. We have got a new ALP it's the T42 (yes 42M of butt clenching side swaying stomach churning machine) most of the operators are still learning to use it, I'm marked down for an operators course but I'm having second thoughts (google Montreal fire department ALP). Anyway if you have any more questions pm me.

Offline gonzofire

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2008, 10:23:43 PM »
Just to say good luck to all of you who are going for your role-play assessments with BAA tomorrow, let us know how you got on. {;0)

Offline swiftfire

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2008, 08:18:09 PM »
Has anyone heard anything from the assessments that took place on the 16th and 30th?

Offline gonzofire

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2008, 06:39:59 PM »
Hi Swiftfire,

I had my assessment role-play on the 30th of April and have justed checked my emails this week and found that I passed. The fitness test is on the 23rd or the 27th of May, they said at the assessment that it was fitness and interview but the email says it just fitness. Hope you have got good news as well, has anyone else heard?

Offline swiftfire

Airport Fire fighter
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2008, 07:31:38 PM »
Congratulations! Ive had no-replay yet. I'm hoping that no news is good news...What airport did you apply for?