Author Topic: BAA Interview  (Read 100699 times)

Offline mayo22

Re: BAA Interview
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2009, 01:29:16 PM »
I Fully agree with you on that as many others here will.
 I`ll get in touch with them too and although I expect the same reply I`ll let you know if I hear any news.

Offline Harwichfire

« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2009, 03:25:18 PM »
Has anybody had any luck finding out about places for Stanstead Airport yet? if there any any coming up soon, if so when rougthly and also how many people are on the waiting list? i keep trying to find out, but im not getting any replys from them.

Offline pukka

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2009, 11:33:13 AM »
Still no joy for me with heathrow either. who knows whats going on.

Offline BAAfiery

« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2009, 02:32:55 PM »
I'm afraid that it's just a waiting game. Unlike a County Brigade where you can be posted anywhere, you have applied to join a particular station & I'm sure you can appreciate vacancies do not occur on a regular basis.

Offline Harwichfire

« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2011, 11:26:59 PM »
I know this is a long shot, but dos anybody know if us people who passed all the sections and final interviews for stanstead airport just over 2 years ago are still on a waiting list. I was told at the time there was no time cale to the waiting list and would stay on it aslong as it takes. the last i heard when i phoned up BAA headquaters was that the list was still active, but due to no places at the mo, had been archieved. this was a good 6 months ago. Does anybody know if this is still the case for fact, or if they know of any jbs/places becoming avaliable anytime soon. Im working else where now (not as a firefighter) but still very keen on this. and maybe abit foolishly but keep my fingers crossed, as no other services seem to be doing recuiting for fire at the moment.

Regards

Ada

Offline acdw2008

« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2011, 10:20:32 PM »
After nearly 3 years on the waiting list for heathrow, ive finally been offered a position, recently had a medical, and had to re-do my practical. have had a comtract sent so am looking to start early march! Been a long old wait but very happy cant wait to get started!

Offline Harwichfire

« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2011, 11:02:36 PM »
Thats really good to hear. it mean there is still a chance for me then i guess. had they been keeping in contact with you at all? or did it come out of the blue?

Offline acdw2008

« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2011, 04:39:46 PM »
very little contact, i had an e mail september i think to confirm my interest, then things went from there start 7th march. The whole process had been a little vauge.

Offline shawnclift

« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2011, 09:26:29 AM »
Hey

I have my first assessment at Heathrow airport next week ( 19th ). I just wanted to know, the first assessment is that the written papers, I.e. Maths, English ?
Is there anything else I should expect ?

Thanks

Offline Tazzy2040

« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2011, 08:47:01 AM »
Hey Buddy

I am also attending Heathrow tommorrow (19th). I THINK it is just the initial selection tests i.e, as you say Maths, english etc.

They do usually send you an email every few weeks to let you know in advance what you will be doing on certain dates that you attend if you pass each stage of the process.

This day is scheduled to take between 3-4 and a half hours and I cant see the tests taking that length of time!, so maybe they will add something else for us all to do???.. It's all pretty basic stuff mate, the tests are not designed to catch you out or make you look like you have a slack standard of education. Just that you have a basic understanding.

All the stages usually take around 3-4 months to complete. Initial tests, Interview, group assessment, role paly etc, interview and medical.

May catch you at Heathrow tommorrow, If not then the very best of luck to you.

Regards. Tazzy2040.

Offline webbey

« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2011, 05:16:48 PM »
 hi everyone im new to this posting and just found this site seen some off the comments just wondering if anyone could help me iv got my interview for heathrow tomorrow i know really short noitce but if anyone has tips or could help me would be great is it like the PQA in the local fire service.

Offline tmprojects

« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2011, 11:29:39 PM »
I know this is a long shot, but dos anybody know if us people who passed all the sections and final interviews for stanstead airport just over 2 years ago are still on a waiting list. I was told at the time there was no time cale to the waiting list and would stay on it aslong as it takes. the last i heard when i phoned up BAA headquaters was that the list was still active, but due to no places at the mo, had been archieved. this was a good 6 months ago. Does anybody know if this is still the case for fact, or if they know of any jbs/places becoming avaliable anytime soon. Im working else where now (not as a firefighter) but still very keen on this. and maybe abit foolishly but keep my fingers crossed, as no other services seem to be doing recuiting for fire at the moment.

Regards

Ada

With a little fear of being shot down on this i'll tell you what i believe to be true.

ALL brigades have worked on the following principal when recruiting.

they have x vacancies to advertise. from this they send out x application forms.

If, from these applicants they get none that acheive 'the standard' then no one gets a job, so they re-advertise

Now lets say 30 acheive the required standard, but they only have 20 posts. historically they give the first 20 a job and then tell the other 10 to wait till theres a vacancy.

If your one of those 10, trust me you will get a call. no brigade will re-recruit with the associated cost when they have a list of proven candidates.

i have known people to wait for their call for 4 years.

Offline webbey

« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2011, 09:28:45 PM »
 hello everyone sorry try starting a new topic but didn't work most likely me ha ha . just wanted ask if anyone one could tell me or any stories of how long it took them  to reach there dream because I'm a 24 year old man who like many have always want to be a firefighter .i had done work experience at a airport service when younger and knew this was my calling so when 19/20 started applying and got to the interview stage for west Sussex and royal berkshire but failed since then try for both again and surrey,gatwick and heathrow but failed at written stage i am dyslexic but had reader at first couple i don't use it as i excused just gutted let myself down when opportunity arise i will never give up but would just like to know thanks everyone

Offline acdw2008

« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2011, 05:26:47 PM »
Hey all i have just finished my 7 weeks training at gatwick airport and now at heathrow doing my phase 2 hopiefully on the run in the next few weeks. I was on the waiting list for nearly 3 years, but finally got there.
good luck to anyone who has interviews in the next few weeks.

Offline bagnallman

« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2011, 12:43:26 PM »
Has anyone who went for the selection events this year for heathrow fire service heard anything as of yet?

Best Wishes