Author Topic: LA recruitment system  (Read 2913 times)

Offline Little phil

LA recruitment system
« on: January 25, 2008, 08:08:08 PM »
Does any one know with the current recruitment system when a candidate has passed all stages including pqa interview and is on a holding list, how long can they be on the holding list before the whole process is started again.
I have a friend who had done 4 years RT and passed all the stages but has been on a holding list for wholetime since Nov 06. I have heard from the vine that some of the tests only last for a year and should be redone, is this the case?
He has spoken to HR many times but cannot get any info about any thing from them regarding this or a placement on a coarse.[HR are a breed of there own tho and do change things to suit themselves, my thoughts only].
I have seen a recent mail thred that the new selection system is not designed for firefighters currently WT or RT for point of entry, so dont know how he stands or what frs will do on this point. All may be a bit clearer after the ongoing court case.

Offline fireftrm

LA recruitment system
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 11:28:57 PM »
It is up to the FRS, normally they keep such lists for one year and after that recruitment is restarted, including those who had been on the list prior to then.
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!