Author Topic: I Did It!  (Read 7425 times)

Offline Andy Cole

I Did It!
« on: January 04, 2008, 09:26:34 PM »
Sorry can't help but post...... I got in whole time at last and start my recruits course on Monday.... any tips?=D

Offline kurnal

• http://www.peakland-fire-safety.co.uk
I Did It!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 09:49:18 PM »
Well done Andy- great start to the new year!

Offline mark

• http://gray
I Did It!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 11:45:22 PM »
dont get drunk on the sunday te he he

congrats etc

Offline pugh

I Did It!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 09:17:27 AM »
Where is the training centre?

Offline finsp

I Did It!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 10:53:06 AM »
Well done Andy, Head down and always remain keen, if your asked if you want to go again for another session running hose, be the first to say yes!!.

Nice one, keep us informed as to how you get on.

Midland Retty

I Did It!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 05:01:12 PM »
Congratulations Andy - Am chuffed for you. Its no mean feat getting in these days.

Always wondered what you were going to do after your proffesional football career

My advice would be keep your ears open, keep your head down, your nose clean and always answer instructors / officers "Sir" or "Ma'am" (unless you are told different). In other words common sense stuff

Basically just enjoy it as much as you can and if you want to get drunk at the weekend - do it on a friday night if possible, not a saturday night - cos then you will have plenty of time to get refreshed / study before monday morning comes round again.

Remember that somedays will be extremely tough but at the end of the course you will feel on top of the world.

So long as you dont do anything catastrophically stupid, such as spark out one of the instructors, or wear your BA set the wrong way round (yes I have seen that done) or break a fire engine they won't fail you.

Remember to be enthusiastic, attentive and open to receive critiscism from the instructor team and you will have absolutely nothing to worry about.

BEST OF LUCK!

Offline kurnal

• http://www.peakland-fire-safety.co.uk
I Did It!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 06:02:37 PM »
Quote from: midland retty
So long as you dont do anything catastrophically stupid, such as spark out one of the instructors, or wear your BA set the wrong way round (yes I have seen that done) or break a fire engine they won't fail you
I thought that was the recipe for early promotion? Damn, given my secrets away now.

Midland Retty

I Did It!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 04:54:48 PM »
Well Kurnal funny you should say that....

On one occassion I accidently sprayed the Cheif Officer with a jet whilst doing a display at our station's open day. Im told some of the water even went as far as the mayor who was sat three rows behind him.

The Cheif initially didn't seem too chuffed about the incident, and you would have thought that my momentary lapse of concentration resulting in the aforementioned malais would have spring boarded me and my career into oblivion. But low and behold two weeks later I was promoted.

You can forget your ADC's and your IPDRs etc just splash the Cheif and your destined for positions of extreme loftiness. Im now hatching a plot to cover the chair of the fire authority in foam. If that doesn't get me into senior management then I dont know what will

Offline Big A

I Did It!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 02:09:40 PM »
Quote from: Midland Retty
Well Kurnal funny you should say that....

You can forget your ADC's and your IPDRs etc just splash the Cheif and your destined for positions of extreme loftiness. Im now hatching a plot to cover the chair of the fire authority in foam. If that doesn't get me into senior management then I dont know what will
Can you let us know when this will take place. I'd pay good money to see that.

:D=D

Midland Retty

I Did It!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 02:22:13 PM »
Hi Big A

Pay to see a grown man covered in foam???? oooer thats a bit Kinky, squire :D

Offline Jonny

• http://www.myspace.com/ironcore1
I Did It!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 12:18:55 AM »
Good luck lad, keep it up. Hopefully i will be at your point soon and become of the lads.

:)