Author Topic: Water Mist Extinguishers (Dry Water Mist)  (Read 10009 times)

Offline Tom Sutton

Re: Water Mist Extinguishers (Dry Water Mist)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 06:35:14 PM »
More info from Jerzy Klimkowski on another forum Posted 29 May 2012

Some two years ago, I have designed the core of the CeaseFire, Ogniochron, Telesto and JewelSaffire water mist extinguishers. This is the unit called 'pulsator'. These watermist extinguishers, provided the nozzle, called 'Ela', is correctly selected should work well on gas fuel fires and on fires on human clothing (there are papers to corroborate this mist stream to be completely safe for human skin). However, this is not the case for some high-pressure extinguishers usually of a German or American makes, because they have the throw which is a bit excessive and te droplets a bit too large. As to the required volume of the extinguishing agent (pure water) - take your pick, 1, 3 and 6 ltr of water in twice the size cylinders are available. There was some work on building wheeled units of much larger capacity, but as I am no longer with the Telesto or the Jewel I cannot be sure. I am currently working on a more robust design, for more info contact me directly at jerzyklimkowski@wp.pl, this is not the place to locate my commercial messages. :)
All my responses only apply to England and Wales and they are an overview of the subject, hopefully it will point you in the right direction and always treat with caution.