Author Topic: Methanol fire  (Read 5341 times)

Offline fireftrm

Methanol fire
« on: November 17, 2005, 05:41:29 PM »
Hi has anyone any images or video clips of methanol fires to show how difficult they are to see, maybe including some thermal imaging shots to show up the fire?

Grateful for any that can be sent tonight as I have been let down by some colleagues in another service who could not come up with the promised goods.

Thanks
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline Paul

Methanol fire
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 06:10:42 PM »
just take a picture of a tray full of liquid and tell them its on fire, they'd never know.

Seriously though I'll have a look what I've got, although not sure if I have any Methanol fires

Offline Paul

Methanol fire
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 06:43:42 PM »
Sorry nothing I'm afraid.

Had a look on google etc, and to be honest couldn't find anything at all.  Loads of info that may of use, but nothing with pictures.

Sorry.

Paul

Offline fireftrm

Methanol fire
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 06:27:21 PM »
Hi Paul

I tried likewise and found little or nothing but did manage a couple of shots showingt he nothing then the same through IR/UV cameras and whizzo a fire.

thanks for the help anyway.

All the ebst

John
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!