Author Topic: PAS 79 2012 Formatting  (Read 4122 times)

Offline chillbay

PAS 79 2012 Formatting
« on: August 06, 2013, 04:38:01 PM »
Hi, I’ve read all the bits about PAS 79 2012, I have managed to get my company to purchase it, up-graded from the 2007 version. I’m not that up on PDF doc’s, I don’t like the boxes, can I remove the outline? Also I normally insert some photos, can't seem to do this, am I doing anything wrong. Will converting it from PDF to word help?

Any help appreciated

Offline firescot10

Re: PAS 79 2012 Formatting
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 04:11:41 PM »
I have had to buy PAS-79 2012 for a company in London that I have just started working for, they have never employed their own Fire Risk Assessor before, so I am starting from scratch. I downloaded the word version, it makes it easier to work with if your a bit of a computer biff like myself!! Just play around with it, but dont save anything until you are happy with what you are doing/wanting with it. The most recent microsoft office programme allows you to do pretty much anything with the borders, just use the tabs in your top tool bar.

Best of luck!!

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
Re: PAS 79 2012 Formatting
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 11:05:24 PM »
Chillpill, you dont have to use the pro forma in the annex. You can comply with PAS 79 (if that is your intention) even if your report follows a different format.  However, if you like the sections, etc but not the boxes and layout, feel free to just make your own version as a word template to suit yourself.  The pro forma is just a kinf of "heres one we did earlier".  I am not IT savvy enough to know what you can do with the PDF, but I can put you onto someone at BSI who might be able to help if you are stuck.

Equally, you could enlist the help of Fire scot ( until we give england home rule, after which Big Alex the Fish will have him for giving assistance to the enemy).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:08:41 PM by colin todd »
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline Tom Sutton

All my responses only apply to England and Wales and they are an overview of the subject, hopefully it will point you in the right direction and always treat with caution.