Author Topic: The new fire safety legislation: UK prespective  (Read 8365 times)

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
The new fire safety legislation: UK prespective
« on: September 11, 2005, 09:47:00 PM »
Has anyone compared the Fire (Scotland) Act with the RRO.  It would be interesting to hear members views on the vast differences in the format and wording of two forms of legislation that should logically be the same in effect. Without any prejudice whatsoever, I have to say that the Scottish Act is just so much easier to read, clearer, less convoluted and understandable, including for fire professionals, sticking as it does to a requrement for the old 4 means instead of all the Eurospeak and where necessaries, presumably intended to avoid upsetting our European cousins (which the Scots seem less paranoid about). Shame Wee Marky has gone to fix the gypos, or he might be able to explain why he and his illustrious boss could not have written something of the quality that the Scottish Exec managed to do. Wee B perhaps, if you happen to stroll past the gypo dept, you could get wee Marky to log on just one last time to give us an explanation, representing, as he thought he did, the small businessmen. I cannot wait to see the Northern Ireland version, since the lovely people of that Province tend to sit calmly watching E&W making a horrocks and then get it better for their own legislation. Any views?
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline Simon Morriss

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 08:26:02 AM »
Where can I find a ciopy of this document to read?

Simon

guest147

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 11:01:51 AM »
Without reading it in to much depth I think I have to agree with Colin however it seems to be a combination of RRO and FRS act. I think most "customers" would have prefered a stand alone Fire Safety bit.

Offline colin todd

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 02:06:38 PM »
On the web I should think.

P GUTHARD

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 07:18:27 PM »
have got an approved version if u want it colin

Offline colin todd

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 01:04:55 AM »
Mnay thanks, but I have a copy. I was just suggesting where the Biker could get one. I should point out though that draft Regs produced under the Scottish Act have all the Eurospeak, but at least the Act is clear and concise.