Author Topic: Heathrow  (Read 7343 times)

Chris Houston

Heathrow
« on: April 30, 2008, 05:05:01 PM »
I'm doing an insurance survey for a tenant at London Heathrow.

Can someone give me a brief sumary of how many pumps/fire fighters etc are based there.

Also can someone tell me the location of the nearest public brigade?

Offline Galeon

• Dont ask me on here for advice , come down the Pub
Heathrow
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 06:22:46 PM »
Chris ,

Outside the perimeter of Heathrow nearest Brigades would be Hayes/Hillingdon/Feltham , Hayes  , back of the perimeter ,and probably the nearest to terminals 1 2 3 coming across to where M4 meets Heathrow, at Stockley Park.
Its time to make a counter attack !

Offline Yeebsy

Heathrow
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 09:50:08 AM »
The LFB have a pump located on the Northern perimeter road (G561) Then as Galeon states Hayes, Hillingdon and Feltham these guys respond to the airport when needed. The airport its' self also has a domestic pump which will respond to any of the terminal and terminal buildings. I have no idea about numbers regarding the LFB boys and girls but the airport employs 110 fire fighters.

Hope this helps a bit.
Isn't it funny, how if you sit in a library and scream, everyone looks at you and tuts...but do the same thing on an aircraft and everyone joins in!

Chris Houston

Heathrow
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 09:59:23 AM »
It helps a lot, many thanks.  What is a "domestic pump"?

FIRE

Heathrow
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 10:12:05 AM »
A domestic pump is the 'normal' and most common fire engine you see

Chris Houston

Heathrow
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 10:31:06 AM »
Ah OK, what I would call a "pump" then.  Ha ha.  Gottcha.  Presumably the point is that the rest of their vehicles are non-domestic types?

Midland Retty

Heathrow
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 03:37:29 PM »
Quote from: Chris Houston
Ah OK, what I would call a "pump" then.  Ha ha.  Gottcha.  Presumably the point is that the rest of their vehicles are non-domestic types?
No generally all airport tenders are the huge big beasts you see.

Offline Yeebsy

Heathrow
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 03:57:24 PM »
Our airfield pumps (non domestic) are 33 ton monsters that carry 11000 ltrs of water of which there are 4, then we have an RIV (Rapid Intervention Vehicle) which carries 6000 ltrs, 1 hose layer which is able to deploy 1km of 125mm hose, a Scania domestic and a 42m ALP.
Isn't it funny, how if you sit in a library and scream, everyone looks at you and tuts...but do the same thing on an aircraft and everyone joins in!