Author Topic: NI FRO  (Read 12549 times)

Offline Allen Higginson

NI FRO
« on: October 13, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »
Is it true that the equivalent order is coming into NI mid - November??

Offline Tom Sutton

All my responses only apply to England and Wales and they are an overview of the subject, hopefully it will point you in the right direction and always treat with caution.

Offline nearlythere

Re: NI FRO
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 11:07:46 PM »
Yep. The F&RS(NI)Order 2006 is due to commence 15 Nov 2010, (at the moment). We don't like to rush things over here.

Mind you all this is bringing the experts out of the woodwork. I hear already of a Rodent Location and Termination Operative, mouse catcher, (beat that) who has all of a sudden become a competent Fire Safety Consultant and is offering Fire Risk Assessments free provided he is able to provide his main services as an competent??????? mouse catcher.

Should we start to look for alternative employment?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:21:33 PM by nearlythere »
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Offline Tom Sutton

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 09:06:47 AM »
It seems the legislation is similar to the Scots and the guidance will be the CLG guides. It's a pity Wales didn't go it alone and the could have had the English legislation and the Scottish guides with amendments or may be not.  :)
All my responses only apply to England and Wales and they are an overview of the subject, hopefully it will point you in the right direction and always treat with caution.

Offline Allen Higginson

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 12:25:45 PM »
Yep. The F&RS(NI)Order 2006 is due to commence 15 Nov 2010, (at the moment). We don't like to rush things over here.

Mind you all this is bringing the experts out of the woodwork. I hear already of a Rodent Location and Termination Operative, mouse catcher, (beat that) who has all of a sudden become a competent Fire Safety Consultant and is offering Fire Risk Assessments free provided he is able to provide his main services as an competent??????? mouse catcher.

The owners of the hotel that I have been staying in the past two weeks will be glad to hear that as the fire alarm installation is a disgrace.35 metre corridor with a set of fire doors mid way with only one bell in it is only the tip of the iceberg!

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 12:28:06 PM »

The owners of the hotel that I have been staying in the past two weeks will be glad to hear that as the fire alarm installation is a disgrace.35 metre corridor with a set of fire doors mid way with only one bell in it is only the tip of the iceberg!
Was this a hotel in NI Buzz?

Offline Allen Higginson

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 05:26:47 PM »

It is indeed - sitting having my first cocktail of the evening in it as we "speak".

Offline nearlythere

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 05:38:14 PM »

It is indeed - sitting having my first cocktail of the evening in it as we "speak".
If I was you I would stop drinking cocktails immediately and go on the orange juice. The more alcohol you drink the more effect it will have on your ability to hear the fire alarm. If the sounders are not as they should you must keep a clear head and ensure your senses are at peak performance in the event of an emergency.

On the other hand you could just say "Feck it - I'll have another"

Offline Clevelandfire 3

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 12:58:49 AM »
chillax as the young people say. according to b&b landlords theres no chane you will ever die in a B&B or hotel infact you can tell the hotel they dont need a fire alarm. have another cocktail buzz

Offline Allen Higginson

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 03:24:15 AM »
I have taken the most recent opinions on board.......and we'll just leave it there.

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 10:32:27 PM »
Buzzy I myself am in NI doing training for my good friends in the NI F&RS.  Will be in Benedicts tomorrow night.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Offline Allen Higginson

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 08:26:15 PM »
Buzzy I myself am in NI doing training for my good friends in the NI F&RS.  Will be in Benedicts tomorrow night.
Sorry Colin but I am up 'tother end of the country this week (L'Derry) but will hopefully be returning unscathed next week to civilization.

Offline colin todd

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 04:35:13 PM »
You NI chaps are so parochial. We English go as far as from belfast to Derry to grab a coffe and a sandwich. Nevertheless, I am available this week on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights for benedicts and possibly even thomsons garage if you promise not to stand gawping gormlessly at birds with skirts around their middle.

Sorry mods to use this thread to organize my social life but I think it was finished anyway.

Offline Allen Higginson

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 10:50:38 PM »
You pick your weeks Colin!
Next week would have been grand any night!!!

Offline colin todd

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 08:45:29 AM »
Doesnt matter the girls at Thomsons dont fancy you anyway.