Author Topic: IFE Register of Fire Risk Assessors & Auditors  (Read 10501 times)

Offline Dinnertime Dave

Re: IFE Register of Fire Risk Assessors & Auditors
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 09:48:36 AM »

Perhaps a different approach is for enforcing authorities to challenge the responsible person on the issue of competences of the assessor. and how suitable and sufficient the fire risk assessment is. 

I don`t have a problem with people having a go in a simple building new build, ground floor only or ground and first floor only, low occupancy, persons awake and familiar with the building. With a little bit of assistance they can get it right. 

Where I do have a problem is people thinking the can do a fire risk assessment of large complex buildings. I have come across joe public carrying out FRA of office blocks with 10 floors. They have missing the significance of dry risers, firefighting lifts, ill fitting fire resistant doors etc.

I don`t really understand why they get upset when I tell them they don`t have the competencies to do the assessment.

Offline Davo

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 08:56:21 AM »
DD

Not been on your subtleness course then ::)

davo

Offline Dinnertime Dave

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 10:55:55 PM »
DD

Not been on your subtleness course then ::)

davo

Davo I am a little more subtle face to face and believe me I do try to help people in the first group.