Author Topic: Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue  (Read 34749 times)

Offline theheat

Tyne & Wear Fire and Rescue
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 11:37:55 PM »
got my letter, saying i was on the waiting list also! it says the people who pass with an excellent standard are to be picked first, anyone get that standard?  and does anyone know what the likelihood is of a lot of people obtaining the excellent standard?  i was given a high standard pass so i'm guessing its a case of waiting in line for the 18 month period ey?  i've never been so nervous in my life but everyone just remain upbeat (which im sure you will) i agree if you want something badly enough it will come along in the end

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 01:07:32 AM »
your lucky i got a letter with satisfactory........i think everybody got the same letter and i dont event think they have picked the recruits yet, i think thats just the line, but we should just wait and i dont think the actual offer letters of the course have been sent out yet....

Offline AllyMacG

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 03:43:35 AM »
Good luck to the both of you, as I am going through the proccess for the umpteenth time I know how you feel to be kept waiting, but if you want it badly enough you will get there in the end, some where, some time, as I will. Anyway once again all the best kepp us posted as to how things go.  It is a big achievement in itself to get so far and if you need to go through it again you can always draw upon your experiences from this time.  But hopefully you won't need to do that if you get in this time.

Offline sauljas

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 10:39:17 AM »
got my letter this morning saying i have been placed on an 18 month waiting list also,  but obtained an excellent interview level, does anyone know whether any canditates have been given a definite start date?

Offline rips

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 10:22:20 PM »
No one will get medical dates unless courses have been confirmed. There is more to go through before you are finally allocated a place on a trainee course.

Just wait and see what comes your way. Do not get down if you are not in first group selected, as hopefully you will get your chance later on.
Any views I express are my own and not my employers. Still confused!

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 01:11:35 PM »
thats it lads we dont know the final outcome yet, we could be further up the list than anyone knows, im wondering though if they judge you on your overall performance or is it just down to the interview, because you could have an ordinary interview, but you have been doing really well up to that point????

Offline theheat

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 05:38:10 PM »
The process as a whole is taken into account when giving you the value of 'excellent - high - satisfactory', its now a case of wait and see, you have the chance of getting on a recruit course within the period of 18months so no matter what grading you were given you may still get on a course, so fingers crossed gents, lets hope we all see each other on the drill ground!  good luck to all and keep us posted

Offline theheat

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »
Anyone heard anything yet?

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2008, 10:11:25 PM »
not a peep mate........... might take a few weeks, its a headwrecking time.......

Offline Winston

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »
Tyne & Wear have selected 15 people from their recruitment process to go through medicals in the last week in July with 5 reserves selceted should any of them fail.

their 14 week training course starts on September 1st.

Offline conorhaughian

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2008, 03:19:38 PM »
brilliant news, good luck to all involved......ha that only leaves 380 of us waiting on a place............keep the heads up lads.....

Offline theheat

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2008, 05:09:19 PM »
have these 15 people already been informed?

Offline Winston

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2008, 08:41:46 AM »
yes, they were all informed by phone about a week ago and recieved confrimation letters over the weekend.

Offline theheat

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2008, 10:38:15 AM »
can i ask how you found this out?

Offline Winston

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2008, 01:48:41 PM »
i have a friend who is one of the five reserves.

he went to an induction evening last week at Tyne & Wear headquarters with the other recruits.

he has a fitness session at Tyne & Wear headquarters this week.

he got an excellent grade and only made reserve but i know other people who have excellent grades who didn't even make that top twenty.