Author Topic: Transfering from Retained to Wholetime  (Read 34682 times)

Offline dave bev

Transfering from Retained to Wholetime
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2005, 10:37:50 PM »
mark, not all reps of any organisation knows everything. do senior officers know everything when asked. ask your rep to 'point' you in the right direction or contact your brigade sec/regional officials

dave bev

Offline fireftrm

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2005, 10:35:34 AM »
MArk I have just had a very interesting, though disppointing, discussion with someone who has hit a 'can't do it it is not legal and no FRS has done this'. I work for a FRS that has without any legal barriers, nor can we find any. The FBU were invovled fully and included int he design of the process. Drop me aline on my email address if you wish.
My posts reflect my personal views and beliefs and not those of my employer. If I offend anyone it is usually unintentional, please be kind. If it is intentional I guess it will be clear!

Offline Frankie

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2005, 12:21:01 PM »
Fireftrm, I do indeed agree with you wholeheartedly on the fact that whoever said that WT should be refered to as P/T because they do "less" hours is talking complete nonsense. I wasn't aware of your experience of R/T stations. We do however take on FS and Risk assessments of local areas, sometimes in conjuction with other R/R or with WT personnel.

I have no inclination to transfer from R/T to WT because I earn far more doing two jobs and enjoy the two very different environments.

It would be a shame to see new recruits using RT stations as an "easy" back door entry into WT stations..... Plus the fact that Training Sub's would have no one to beast for 16 weeks!!

Offline ellitore

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2005, 02:30:34 PM »
A retained colleague of mine,applied to join WT. He was duly called up to attend the first day of tests.On his return, you could see by his face that he had failed."Bad luck",we said,"Thanks", he said and then booked on duty ,'turned out',sat in the back of the pump next to two WT.
Even he saw the lunacy of this, and promptly joined the police(full time of course!)