Author Topic: New UKAS accredited scheme for Fire Risk Assessors  (Read 41045 times)

Kelsall

Re: New UKAS accredited scheme for Fire Risk Assessors
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2013, 07:42:19 AM »
Doh! My mistake I thought this thread was about a new third party certification scheme.

Wait a minute, it is about a new third party certification scheme. What I am supposed to be talking about?

I believe on a vocational level that good third party certification can help improve standards within the fire sector. So yes I do tell people what I believe, but if I am selling the value of third party surely that benefits all third party providers!

Where was the sales pitch?

Still it's not as tedious as the blatant self elevation at the expense of others, that we get from you!

I expect your neighbours are sick of hearing Tina Turners 'simply the best' blasting out of your open windows. Actually I expect you do a better cover version on the karaoke , (in your opinion)  ;D

Offline colin todd

• Civilianize enforcement -you know it makes sense.
    • http://www.cstodd.co.uk
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2013, 11:21:12 AM »
Clearly, you are doing a sterling job in selling certification schemes, as the current score is BAFE SP 205 19: Warrington FRACS 1. I just hope NSI give you something nice at Christmas.
Colin Todd, C S Todd & Associates

Kelsall

« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2013, 08:59:16 PM »
Where was the sales pitch in the video?

Must be all the hard work I have done around the country promoting the value of third party! Still I don't mind as long as they are certificated on a proper scheme, the more the merrier.  :D

Offline colin todd

« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2013, 06:31:49 PM »
Sorry, I must have missed the point about the video then?? It was all about the television manufacturing industry?

Kelsall

« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2013, 06:45:58 PM »
 ::)

Offline Tom Sutton

« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2013, 08:01:02 PM »
Sorry, I must have missed the point about the video then?? It was all about the television manufacturing industry?

All I could see was a 1940's film star.  :-*

http://www.ifsecglobal.com/author.asp?section_id=414&doc_id=560163
All my responses only apply to England and Wales and they are an overview of the subject, hopefully it will point you in the right direction and always treat with caution.

Offline colin todd

« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2013, 01:55:27 PM »
Thomas, keep up. That's a different video.  And young Ben wasnt born in the 1940s.

Offline Golden

« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2013, 02:38:49 PM »
After a few weeks thinking about the issues and how much extra work (none) or calls (0) I have received I've now decided not to renew SP205; for a small company its expensive and time consuming. I don't seem to be short of work and am being undercut by people who have no certification or any intention of getting any so I can't see the point. It appears to me that there's no support for the companies on the scheme; we've been encouraged to go through the process and pay our money but left to our own devices once certified and most RPs have no idea about the difference. Maybe it will change in a few years but at this time its ineffective.