Author Topic: Manstone Airport  (Read 40697 times)

Jonny

Manstone Airport
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2005, 09:29:08 AM »
Try Gatwick as there could be a vacancy soon.

Offline Game on

Manstone Airport
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2005, 07:42:28 AM »
Pete1234

Gutted for you all. It hadn't really been up and running long. I suppose it was last in first out. Good luck in your search for a job.

Offline Matt Akers

Manstone Airport
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2005, 02:01:20 PM »
Don’t know of any airports around the area that are recruiting. You could always pop a CV in the post to us at Lydd. The SAFO looks at them then puts them on to a file.
The TV said last night that Manston has been bought, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel.
Any of my posts are in no way endorsed by my Brigade. Stay safe!

Offline Andy Cole

Manstone Airport
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2005, 09:19:02 PM »
I think Birmingham may be recruiting!?!

pete1234

Manstone Airport
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2005, 02:09:20 PM »
Quote from: Matt Akers
Don’t know of any airports around the area that are recruiting. You could always pop a CV in the post to us at Lydd. The SAFO looks at them then puts them on to a file.
The TV said last night that Manston has been bought, there may be some light at the end of the tunnel.
could you give me lydds address please.

Offline Matt Akers

Manstone Airport
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2005, 08:43:18 AM »
London Ashford Airport Fire Department
London Ashford Airport
Lydd
Kent
TN29 9QL

I would address it to the SAFO

messy

Manstone Airport
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2005, 10:25:12 AM »
How far away from a city does an airport have to be before it can not be reasonably be named after that city?  

(London Ashford Airport??? - it's closer to many French cities than it is to London!!))

Offline scott

Manstone Airport
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2005, 01:43:45 PM »
Job TitleFIRE FIGHTER YLY/20448
LocationBIRMINGHAM AIRPORT
Hours48 HOURS PER WEEK VARIOUS 12 HOUR SHIFTS OVER 24 HOURS Wage£22,167-£25,115 PER ANNUM
Closing Date30/09/2005
DurationPERMANENT
Description
21+ for insurance reasons. Must have 5-year work history and criminal record check along with a full clean driving licence including LGV, min Category C. Must have completed CAA approved fire fighters course. Qualified in use of breathing apparatus and first aid qualified. Min 1yrs experience in airfield environment, knowledge of airfield terminology. Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills. Experience of fire and rescue duties and knowledge of aircraft fire fighting essential. You will take part in the full range of emergency and routine tasks including fire and rescue, prevention and protection, maintenance and inspection and control room duties.

How to applyFor further details please telephone Jobseeker Direct on 0845 6060 234. Lines are open 9.00am - 6.00pm weekdays, 9.00am - 1.00pm Saturday. All calls are charged at local rate. The textphone service for deaf and hearing-impaired people is 0845 6055 255. Alternatively, visit your local Jobcentre Plus Office and ask for job reference YLY/20448.

Offline Lee999

Manstone Airport
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2005, 02:14:14 PM »
I know a guy who works there. He was one of the lucky ones to stay. He tells me that ryan air intend to operate from there in the near future, and hopefully the lads will be reinstated (subject to airfield catagory?)

Offline Matt Akers

Manstone Airport
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2005, 06:50:34 PM »
Quote from: messy
How far away from a city does an airport have to be before it can not be reasonably be named after that city?  

(London Ashford Airport??? - it's closer to many French cities than it is to London!!))
About 55 miles will do for us!!!!

Offline kev AFFR operational

Manstone Airport
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2006, 09:42:07 PM »
to you guys that got laid off iam sorry to hear that the BAA are setting on heathrow gatwick glasgow stansted

you could try there

cheers kev

Offline Tractorman9

Manstone Airport
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2006, 06:36:48 PM »
Hello to all Airport firefighter readers - BAA ?

Do any readers of this fine site work for BAA Fire service ? If so do you know if the recruitment eye sight standards for BAA are as laid down on the CAA web site ?

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/NTL200503.pdf

section 4.5.2

"Distance visual acuity shall not be less than 6/12 in one eye and 6/36 in the other, with spectacles if necessary and not less than 6/18 with both eyes unaided."

If you could let me know I would sincerely appreciate it - thanks

Offline james

Manstone Airport
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2006, 10:58:56 PM »
HelloTractorman, I'm sorry i don't know however i would have thought it was to the CAA requirments.
Are you applying to BAA at the moment if so i would like to hear from you as so am i.

Offline Firewolf

Manstone Airport
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2006, 10:59:36 AM »
Hi there!

The standards I believe are like 4/5 in your strongest eye, 3/5 in your weaker eye.

You can wear spectacles in the airport fire service too, or atleast that was the case last year, so eitherway you should be fine eye sight wise.
BE ALERT BE VIGILANT BE SAFE  (c)

Offline petrolhead

Manstone Airport
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 11:07:40 PM »
So Matt, this is how you got all those new members of staff........

How many other members of the team use this site then?