Author Topic: Shared rooms in care homes.  (Read 3570 times)

Offline vonnieamy

• It's all subjective!
Shared rooms in care homes.
« on: March 15, 2013, 12:38:58 PM »
Hi helpful people!  :)

I'm looking for some info with regard to regulations/advice covering shared rooms within a care home.  The care home I am assessing was originally an hotel many years ago.  This particualr care home now has a sprinkler system on the floor on which the shared room is located. 

Any extra advice with regard to shared rooms within care homes re fire safety, would be grand!

Thanks!

Vonnie    ???

Offline nearlythere

Re: Shared rooms in care homes.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 05:46:15 PM »
Hi helpful people!  :)

I'm looking for some info with regard to regulations/advice covering shared rooms within a care home.  The care home I am assessing was originally an hotel many years ago.  This particualr care home now has a sprinkler system on the floor on which the shared room is located. 

Any extra advice with regard to shared rooms within care homes re fire safety, would be grand!

Thanks!

Vonnie    ???
What you mean by "shared room" Vonnie. Shared by whom for what reason?
We're not Brazil we're Northern Ireland.

Offline Phoenix

• Get a bicycle. You will not live to regret it
    • MetaSolutions (Fire Safety Engineering) Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 10:17:39 PM »
Have a look at pages 42 and 43 in ADB, in particular 3.52.  As you probably appreciate shared rooms can make immediate evacuation of the room of fire origin difficult but this depends upon the mobility of the occupants.

Stu

Offline longjohn

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 08:38:16 PM »
would agree Stu, Can be a very tricky one. I know of a care home with shared husband and wife room, she suffering from dementia, he compus mentus but wheelchair bound. The PEEP's for both being different. Shared rooms were widely used years ago but they are not so common now due to changes in Care Home standards and requirements these days. I think vonnie the individual PEEP's for both residents would be your starting point.

Offline vonnieamy

• It's all subjective!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 01:11:40 PM »
 :D

Thanks for the advice on shared rooms, which thankfully confirms my thinking on the matter and the info to hand re ADB & PEEPS. 

I just didn't want to miss anything  -  and if you aren't aware of what you don't know, you cant ask the right questions or research for the right answers.

The client is happy with the info given and I have advised that if CQC require more - I will happily clarify if they give me specifics.

Cheers folks.

Vonnie  :)