Author Topic: Fire training gas rigs  (Read 5699 times)

Offline ASIF

Fire training gas rigs
« on: July 15, 2010, 08:40:13 PM »
Just inherited a gas training rig, propane cylinder fed. I was wondering if anyone knows  if the rig requires checking/certifying and if so how often?
if anyone could enlighten me I would be grateful.

Offline kurnal

• http://www.peakland-fire-safety.co.uk
Re: Fire training gas rigs
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 10:48:08 AM »
Do you know who made it? I would be inclined to check with them.

Midland Retty

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 12:17:29 PM »
If you have no joy finding the manufacturer it would be prudent to have the gas fittings, valves and pipework checked by a competent engineer to ensure there are no leakages or other problems looming etc.

Offline ASIF

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 08:09:49 PM »
The rig was made by Norson, so it's worth a call, but to be on the safe side I guess it's worth having it checked for leaks ect as midland suggests.
I have done a few searches but couldn't find any testing requirements for portable fire training trays.

Thanks for replying guys

Offline GaryD

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 07:37:12 PM »
Hi Ive  got one and I have it checked out 4 yearly and a certicate issued from a LPG gas engineer, the hoses [Ive got the orange colour ones] do have a life span of 4 years and are date stamped, ,I think its covering your self if things did go wrong the insurance company will not be able to blame the kit for being faulty , and if you have done the correct thing by having it checked what else can you do! I believe like all gas valves they need to checked  5 yearly, mine has a bank of valves the gas fitter changes the body seals.I think its £50 well spent. Hope this helps