Author Topic: How long must I wait?  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Simmo

How long must I wait?
« on: July 21, 2006, 12:21:24 AM »
I applied for wholetime recruitment in South Wales 2005 and have since passed all the exams, tests interviews etc. After phase 5 (interview) I received a letter to say I was successful and would be on the recruits list up to the end of January 07.  It also says that recruit courses are likely to take place in Sept and January.  I was hoping to get in  on the Sept intake, but after phoning I was told that I would have to wait until October to hear about the January course.  My letter says that a place is not gauranteeed but I thought any potential employee would at least receive some sort of indication when they might get on a course or if they have not, as in my case with the September course.
I was told on the phone however that because there is no recruitment this year there will be an extra intake in April/May.  I am just frustrated at waiting all this time and not knowing why I have not started already or if I will at all.   Is this process the same for other regions? and how many people actually dont make it at all?  Also is there a scoring process for being selected first?

AAARRRRGGHHHH  LET ME IN