Author Topic: some questions re recruitment at Manchester Fire Service  (Read 3241 times)

Offline paulR

some questions re recruitment at Manchester Fire Service
« on: June 21, 2007, 08:08:53 PM »
Hi to the board,

I've a few questions (specifically about the service in Manchester) if anyone can help?-

1. Do you need a clean driving licence to apply for the service?

2. Can you apply if you've recently had laser eye surgery in both eyes?

3. What is the starting wage, and what is the wage after initial training?

I can't find these answers on their site, and the recruitment line simply goes to a pre-recorded message, so I havent been able to speak to anyone!

Thanks
PaulR

Offline Andy Cole

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 07:22:05 PM »
Try ringing their Headquarters and asking to speak to someone eitherin HR or Recruitment I'm sure they'll help.

Offline Kaiser

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 04:40:15 PM »
Quote from: paulR
Hi to the board,

I've a few questions (specifically about the service in Manchester) if anyone can help?-

1. Do you need a clean driving licence to apply for the service?

2. Can you apply if you've recently had laser eye surgery in both eyes?

3. What is the starting wage, and what is the wage after initial training?

I can't find these answers on their site, and the recruitment line simply goes to a pre-recorded message, so I havent been able to speak to anyone!

Thanks
PaulR
Hi Paul,
some brigades do want you to have a driving licence, whether or not it's clean is usually irrelevant, the main thing is that it's valid.  Eyesight is a different matter, normally eyesight requirements are without visual aids or surgery for initial medicals,  I just wouldn't tell them.  Starting wages are around £20,500 after basic training and just short of £26,000 once you have completed your training.
Malo Mori Quam Foed Ari