Author Topic: which are the good books?  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Harry07

which are the good books?
« on: January 20, 2008, 07:55:40 PM »
hello again every one,

i have just passed the application stage for west yorkshire and have my writen tests at the end of jan, does anyone know which are the best books to get hold of and dswot up on  for each or any of them? or any other advice for presenting ourselves for the first time in person to the fire service? suit, shiny shoes etc.

Offline AllyMacG

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 10:46:03 PM »
How to Pass the Fire-fighter Selection Process, by Mike Byron.  Available from the online shop @ fireservice.co.uk.

Also not that you are likely to be assessed on it go dressed smartlym also take paper pencil etc with you, you should be provided with everything you need though.

Good luck

Offline Kaiser

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 03:12:55 PM »
there is a cracking book available from WH Smiths called "How to improve your IQ", this book gives you a test at the beginning and explains how to improve your results, the type of tests in the book were almost identical to the tests I did on joining South Yorkshire
Malo Mori Quam Foed Ari

Offline Harry07

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 08:52:33 AM »
cheers guys will get hold of both of the books and give them a go, who is the iq book by Kaiser?? i would guess theres tones of them. when did you apply for south yorks? i appilid right at the end of the last phaze? but did it via e-mail and  have since found they wanted posted entrys? faxed it but have heard nothing! any mort hints and tips V V welcome.