Author Topic: Edinburgh Airport website  (Read 21319 times)

Offline BFTP1509

• http://www.edinburghafs.co.uk
Edinburgh Airport website
« on: April 17, 2008, 12:10:05 PM »
Hello all.

We just launched our own website for Edinburgh Airport Fire Service, kindly put together by red44.

www.edinburghafs.co.uk

On the 18th and 19th June 2008, a team of firefighters from Edinburgh Airport Fire Service will be attempting the 3 Peaks Challenge in full firefighting kit and wearing SCBA throughout, in order to raise funds for the Sick Kids Friends Foundation. This charity has 5 key aims that we hope to assist them in achieving:-

The provision of a wide variety of extra comforts which make time in hospital better for children

The provision of extra child and family friendly facilities

The purchase of extra medical equipment over and above NHS provision

The provision of extra support for sick children who are cared for in the community

Funding for extra training and research

The 3 Peaks Challenge consists of climbing the 3 highest mountains in the UK (Ben Nevis, Scaffel Pike and Snowdon) in under 24 hours, which is a challenge in itself. However, the fact that sick children and their families face much bigger challenges every day, we have opted to complete the entire challenge wearing full firefighting uniform and breathing apparatus, which will not come close to the daily challenge and pain of caring for a terminally ill sick child.

We would greatly appreciate if you would support us in our challenge, either by pledging goods or services to assist in the logistics of our challenge or, as we’d prefer, by pledging money to support the activities of the charity.

For further information, please go to www.edinburghafs.co.uk or to directly donate to this worthy cause, please go to:-

http://www.justgiving.com/edinburghafs

Many thanks,

Offline Carl

• http://www.kiafire.org.uk
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 10:56:01 PM »
Nice site
Fancy a link exchange?
We have our own Airport Fire & Rescue site at: www.kiafire.org.uk
Would be happy to exchange links - drop me line.
By the way, thanks for the Cobra 1 (rust "n" all )
:-)
It's currently at Carmichaels having some love put back in it along with a new paint job.

ps..
Anyone else out there with their own Fire Site, would be happy to exchange links wiv ya :-)

Benfire

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:36:36 PM »
Quote from: BFTP1509
will be attempting the 3 Peaks Challenge in full firefighting kit and wearing SCBA throughout,
I know you scottish boys are tough, but are you lot nuts???? I've done the 3 peaks twice before and both times I was hobbling and limping for a several days after, and I was wearing hiking boots, shorts and t-shirt!! Your in for a hard time wearing kit and BA.  Are you all wearing a set or just one for the team to share around every time someone gets tired??  

Good luck, let us know how you get on....

Offline Yeebsy

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 12:53:24 AM »
Well done guys, nice looking site.

Quote from: blazing
Nice site
It's currently at Carmichaels having some love put back in it along with a new paint job.
Shudder.
Isn't it funny, how if you sit in a library and scream, everyone looks at you and tuts...but do the same thing on an aircraft and everyone joins in!

Offline Carl

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:10:13 AM »
We only paid 2 coconuts and a bag of magic beans for it ;-)

Offline Fireguy1230

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 10:19:41 AM »
Hi all

I'd like to thank Robin and Gary for the hard work that is taking place behind the scene's on the website and challenge itself. I know it is me who is getting all the newspaper and media coverage, but what can i say, i've got the looks for it! Your work is not going un-noticed lads and i am extremely grateful.

I am responsible for the planning and organising of this event and i am glad it is only a couple of weeks away now. We just want to crack on and get it done.

To answer your question Bennfire, we will have 3 guys wearing firekit and BA (not in air!) for the full duration of the 3 mountains. We will also have 2 safety men in normal walking rig,  with all the relevant kit to keep us safe. We will also have 2 drivers to alternate the driving duties between mountains.

All the money we raise will go to help the Sick Kids Foundation, no money pledged will be used to fund the logistics of the challenge. It will all go to the charity. We have begged, borrowed and, ahem, acquired, everything we need!

Cheers

Les

PS: 2 coconuts and a bag of magic beans for our Cobra 1? You were robbed mate!!

Offline Yeebsy

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 10:50:49 AM »
Quote from: Fireguy1230
PS: 2 coconuts and a bag of magic beans for our Cobra 1? You were robbed mate!!
To right. :)
Isn't it funny, how if you sit in a library and scream, everyone looks at you and tuts...but do the same thing on an aircraft and everyone joins in!

Offline Carl

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 11:26:48 PM »
Damn it !! i knew we shoulda kept hold of them beans :-(

Offline Yeebsy

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 12:32:30 AM »
blazing, did you ever do detachments to RAF Norhtolt?

Offline White_elephant

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 07:53:14 AM »
On a serious note best of luck to the 3 peaks lads, excellent effort well done.

Offline Carl

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 07:33:17 PM »
Quote from: Yeebsy
blazing, did you ever do detachments to RAF Norhtolt?
Sure did mate, i did shout hi to you on Simeons phone the day of the 777, while we were at Teeside on reval in Feb
;-)

Offline Yeebsy

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 09:32:31 PM »
Haha, it never twigged with me (getting slow in me old age, and KIA being mentioned, it wasn't till i saw the photo the your name in your sig), in all honesty I thought all you guys stayed with the MOD and moved away. Subby now, congratulations, jeez now I know they will promote anyone, lol. I looked at your website, nice little site. Do you keep in contact with any of the old detachment crew? and if so where were they scattered to? Good to finally see faces on here I know. :)

Offline Carl

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 10:20:07 PM »
No worries mate, i remember all the hours spent playin doom in the old lecture room at Northolt with you, blimey that was a few years ago now.
Justin has been made up to WM too now and Scott is CM on Justs crew.
I still see some of the lads that stayed on in the DFS and went to the Fire School, but thats about it.
Likewise, nice to put a face to a name.
;-)
Maybe we'll meet up at teeside sometime and i can kick your arse round the fireground !! ha ha

Offline Yeebsy

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 07:29:37 AM »
Us lowly Lffs don't do Teeside, that's reserved for the ones tempted by the darkside. Kick my arse around the fire ground? you'd have to catch me first ;)

Offline White_elephant

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 01:59:36 PM »
Shouldnt be hard, only got to look under the drill tower.........